Traditional Bend Handlebars-ADVANTAGES?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

epat22

by epat22

Currently i'm on a FSA Wing Pro Compact Handlebar, what are the advantages of switching to Traditional Bend Handlebars(3T Rotundo 44)...i'm a Rouleur...can stay with the climbers and can sprint much like Philippe Gilbert. Need your help bro's can't decide!

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Nothing at all.

It's personal pref like saddle shape.

Use what you like

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Doolop

by Doolop

Its said that you can keep your hands in more comfortable positions... but they do NOT work with my hands, I prefer the short and shallow bars, my favorites being the Zipp SS bars and the WCS SS bars.

Alex_ucsb
Shop Owner

by Alex_ucsb

Ergo bends are ugly, shockingly so when paired with an otherwise good looking european frame. That was enough reason for me to switch.

holycao86

by holycao86

My reason's are

1. The long straight drops are much more comfortable than having a bend in there

2. Immediately under the hoods, the bars curve forward a little before arching back, so it places your hands closer to the brakes when in the drops, which makes descending more confident for me

3. Gets my front end low enough without using an extreme stem

4. Looks

My one and only found disadvantage is that on Sram hoods, the way the cable housing comes out of the hood means having a pretty sharp bend for it to follow the curve of the bar under the tape. Hasn't caused any problems for me though.

epat22

by epat22

Wow thanks for the replies! They look good first and foremost and you can be lower without using extreme angled stem. Buying one now...thanks again!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com