Perfect mechanical shifting

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Chiva

by Chiva

I had to post this topic just to share my experience b/c it is so good. I run 7800 DA FD & RD w/ Campy Centaur 10 spd shifters. I use a J-Tek cable pull ratio adjuster pully on the RD. The shifting is so much better than with my 7800 DA shifters its ridiculous. It shifts so fast, so sure, and so reliable that my next upgrade will only be to electric. I'm waiting for Campy b/c I like the feel of the Campy shifters and want 11 speeds. Anyway, this was a great way to significantly improve my shifting without spending a bunch of money. Also, the DA 7800 brakes work markedly better than w/ the DA 7800 Shifter/brake lever. The DA 7800 brakes really are amazing w/ the Campy shifters. So, anyone out there w/ DA 7800 who wants a change but doesn't want to spend the money just yet, try this out. You won't be dissapointed!

Chiva

sirhenryrawlins

by sirhenryrawlins

exactly what i run except record shifters with the same results. yokazuna for the cables. And campy record 10 are ...........LIGHTER than da :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DaveS

by DaveS

Are those shifters the new ultrashift model (2009+) or some older model? The 2009+ ultrashift levers are a huge improvment in ergonomics, but cable friction issues have plagued some users.

SEQUIPA

by SEQUIPA

should a 2010 Campagnolo RECORD QS 10 Ergo work like this also?

iamtak

by iamtak

I always find these functional mismatches interesting. Keep tinkering away!

Chiva

by Chiva

Yes, my Campy Centaur shifters are the newer ultrashift ones w/ the new lever design. Absolutely can ride on the hoods for 6 hrs no problem at all!!

Chiva

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com