yokozuna reaction cable bend and open pro spoke count

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

freshlegs

by freshlegs

Hi all

Have anyone used Yokozuna reaction cables with Easton EC90SL bars? The bars have a really tight curve and wanted to know before I purchase if the housing will bend around.

Secondly I weight 147lbs. What is the minimum spoke count F/R for a set of mavic open pros. Been searching the forum and cant find an exact answer.

thank you

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jaredives81

by jaredives81

Don't know about the cables, but almost positive the lowest count for open pro's is 28 F/R.

tochnics

by tochnics

28 is the lowest for ceramic open pro at least
i dare to say that current normals proberly all go down to 28
for a non deep rim you proberly dont want to go lower anyway regardles of rider weight
Join the light side

a light bike does make you go faster unless you are slow

ewwhite

by ewwhite

I just installed the cables with Easton EC90 SLX3 bars and Sram Red shifters. It works. The cable bend was tight, but I ran both the brake and shifter cables in the front of the bars.

js

by js

I didn't realized you could get 28h OP Ceramics - I've been wondering about these for a while, as they seem the stuff of urban legend.

Tochnics - could you please provide a link or some additional info?

Thanks.

freshlegs

by freshlegs

@ewwhite, good to know the cable bends that far as I have the same bars. Are you using the standard sram brakes calipers? I'm using Feather calipers and wonder if the compassionless cables will knock them off center.

I tired using Alligator cables on my KCNC once and they were terrible. I don't want to make an expensive mistake again.

DaveS

by DaveS

I have the EC90 SLX3 bars and opted to change to the behind the bar cable routing when I installed the 2009 Campy shifters on all of my bikes. The shift cable exit is so close to the sharp inside bend that it looked like it could cause excessive friction and foul up the shifting.

I just installed stock Shimano 4mm housing with a Campy cable on one of my bikes and it's shifting fine. It's a cheap alternative to buying full Campy cable sets, when I don't need the brake cables and housing.

ewwhite

by ewwhite

I'm using the EE Brakes, so the compression-less housing wasn't an issue. It seems to actually help in this case.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com