Boardman Road Team - Frame only possible?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

HeluvaSkier

by HeluvaSkier

I've been looking at this bike online for awhile, and it looks like a really great aluminum frame [smooth welds, tapered steerer, BB30]. I'd love to build one up, but I'm really only interested in the frame and fork. They are inexpensive enough that I could buy one, and part it out, but it seems like a lot of hassle. If anyone knows where I can get one [in the US or shipped to the US], that would be great.

spoke n words

by spoke n words

I happen to know of one. PM sent.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

Have you looked into the new Specialized Allez? Its tapered and BB30 for $2,100 and thats a complete bike.

HeluvaSkier

by HeluvaSkier

Definitely considered the Allez. Don't need a complete bike though. Like the Boardman because it will be something more unique here in the states.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Maybe..

Contact wiggle, they sell to the US.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/boardman/?utm_s ... ontent=usa

Also, Echelon was approved to sell me an AiR 9.8 frameset.

The ohter frames aren't listed for sale, like the Team aluminum version..don't see why they wouldn't though.

http://www.echelon-cycles.co.uk/boardman.html

TerribleCadence

by TerribleCadence

Felt f85 or F75.

Boardmans don't exactly have a great reputation over here. Mainly due to who they are exclusively sold through 'halfords' better known as 'hellfrauds'. No one would go there to spend big money on a bike. The majority of boardmans ridden in the UK are bikes bought on the cycle to work scheme (government cycling/tax incentive, limits riders to a £999 bike)

So maybe its just that most boardmans are ridden by first time roadies that think their £999 bike is gods gift to earth, and they can't understand why I didn't by 5 instead of getting my bike. Can you tell that I happen to run into these boardman owners alot?
FELT AR0 Now sold.
CAAD10 Force 22, Quarq, Ksyrium SLR
LOOK 695 Light, Force22, Zipp 303.

Boardman

by Boardman

Boardmans don't exactly have a great reputation over here. Mainly due to who they are exclusively sold through 'halfords' better known as 'hellfrauds'. No one would go there to spend big money on a bike.

Ask yourself this. If Boardmans were sold through LBS's would they still have the bad reputation? I certainly don't think so.

The majority of boardmans ridden in the UK are bikes bought on the cycle to work scheme (government cycling/tax incentive, limits riders to a £999 bike)

This is exactly how I bought mine. The 40% tax saving was good enough for me, and having half a brain cell I can work on the bike myself rather than taking it to a shop. Does this mean that I haven't purchased a proper road bike? Maybe I should spend £5k on a Specialized or Cannondale or summat so I can ride around looking down my nose at other roadies on 'lesser bikes' :roll:

So maybe its just that most boardmans are ridden by first time roadies that think their £999 bike is gods gift to earth, and they can't understand why I didn't by 5 instead of getting my bike. Can you tell that I happen to run into these boardman owners alot?

I've ridden plently of more expensive bikes, and am more than happy with my Boardman Team Carbon (I'm not a first time roadie) thankyou very much. I love coming across people like you riding really expensive bikes with all the bling, and then dropping them :mrgreen: whilst riding my Boardman peace of crap.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

I think Boardmans have a good rep. It's Halfords that have the bad rep. A couple of lads in my club have got them and they're decent machines.