2010 Cannondale SuperSix HiMod Ultimate Frameset

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
User avatar
Scooter
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:21 am
Location: Maryland

by Scooter

toddg wrote:i thought all of the 2010 super sixes are high mods and arent they all bb30 .Is the diffrence between the ultimate and others just the components specs are am i incorrect ???


In the Dealer book they show us HiMod and non HiMod SuperSix's so Cannondale is offering both. Same for the new Slice.
Cannondale 2013 SuperSix EVO Black Inc w/SRM
Cannondale CAAD 10 Team custom paint
Cannondale 2009 Slice HiMod
Cannondale CAAD 8 f/s w/BB30 (last US built CAAD8)
Surly Ice Cream Truck

by Weenie


nathanm
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:07 pm

by nathanm

I happened to be at my LBS the other day when the Cannondale Rep was showing off the new 2010 Super Six. Among other things, he said that the 2010 Standard Mod was equivalent to the 2009 Hi-Mod. So evidently they are doing something to make the Hi-mod more Hi-mod.

I'm looking forward to the day when the new model comes out and the engineers/reps have nothing to say about it because last years model was an invisible carbon nanotube. Seriously, these jumps in weight loss and stiffness have to slow down at some point?

tacostand
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 10:08 pm
Location: Oakland, CA

by tacostand

Anyone know the price for the 2010 Super Six HiMod frame only? I'm very tempted by the SuperSix HighMod 2 - great components and good price, except that I really don't like the color schemes. I love the matte black of the Ultimate.

tacostand
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 10:08 pm
Location: Oakland, CA

by tacostand

CAADHEAD wrote:So is there any difference between a 2010 Hi-Mod Ultimate and a standard 2010 Hi-Mod frame?


From the Cannondale website (and from Starnut's postings on another thread), it looks like there are two Super Six frames. There's the Super Six High Mod that comes with the nude finish as the ultimate or with various paint jobs in the Team and High Mod 1. Then there's the "regular" Super Six (not high mod). The "Super Six High Mod" 2 and 3 are actually kind of deceptively named because they come with the regular Super Six frameset (not high mod frame) - at least that's what I gather from the specs on the website. As others have posted, I think the difference is primarily weight, with the "regular" Super Six weighing ~150g more.

User avatar
Scooter
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:21 am
Location: Maryland

by Scooter

nathanm wrote:I happened to be at my LBS the other day when the Cannondale Rep was showing off the new 2010 Super Six. Among other things, he said that the 2010 Standard Mod was equivalent to the 2009 Hi-Mod. So evidently they are doing something to make the Hi-mod more Hi-mod.

I'm looking forward to the day when the new model comes out and the engineers/reps have nothing to say about it because last years model was an invisible carbon nanotube. Seriously, these jumps in weight loss and stiffness have to slow down at some point?


That is what I was also told from my local rep also. But I'll have to take a look at the dealer book again because I'm positive they aren't calling the lower level SuperSix's "HiMod." I will double check the dealer book tomorrow when I get to work.

As for why they list HiMod for all SuperSix's on their website is mind boggling to me. If you look at the SuperSix 2 and 3 they remove the HM off the fork to show it is not HiMod though. I think the HiMod on 2 and 3 may just be a typo on the site.

Weigh does come in to play between the HiMod and the Non HiMod models. It should be about 100-150 grams less on the HiMods.
Cannondale 2013 SuperSix EVO Black Inc w/SRM
Cannondale CAAD 10 Team custom paint
Cannondale 2009 Slice HiMod
Cannondale CAAD 8 f/s w/BB30 (last US built CAAD8)
Surly Ice Cream Truck

User avatar
Scooter
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:21 am
Location: Maryland

by Scooter

nathanm wrote:I happened to be at my LBS the other day when the Cannondale Rep was showing off the new 2010 Super Six. Among other things, he said that the 2010 Standard Mod was equivalent to the 2009 Hi-Mod. So evidently they are doing something to make the Hi-mod more Hi-mod.

I'm looking forward to the day when the new model comes out and the engineers/reps have nothing to say about it because last years model was an invisible carbon nanotube. Seriously, these jumps in weight loss and stiffness have to slow down at some point?


tacostand wrote:
CAADHEAD wrote:So is there any difference between a 2010 Hi-Mod Ultimate and a standard 2010 Hi-Mod frame?


From the Cannondale website (and from Starnut's postings on another thread), it looks like there are two Super Six frames. There's the Super Six High Mod that comes with the nude finish as the ultimate or with various paint jobs in the Team and High Mod 1. Then there's the "regular" Super Six (not high mod). The "Super Six High Mod" 2 and 3 are actually kind of deceptively named because they come with the regular Super Six frameset (not high mod frame) - at least that's what I gather from the specs on the website. As others have posted, I think the difference is primarily weight, with the "regular" Super Six weighing ~150g more.



That is what I was also told from my local rep also. But I'll have to take a look at the dealer book again because I'm positive they aren't calling the lower level SuperSix's "HiMod." I will double check the dealer book tomorrow when I get to work.

As for why they list HiMod for all SuperSix's on their website is mind boggling to me. If you look at the SuperSix 2 and 3 they remove the HM off the fork to show it is not HiMod though. I think the HiMod on 2 and 3 may just be a typo on the site.

Weigh does come in to play between the HiMod and the Non HiMod models. It should be about 100-150 grams less on the HiMods.
Cannondale 2013 SuperSix EVO Black Inc w/SRM
Cannondale CAAD 10 Team custom paint
Cannondale 2009 Slice HiMod
Cannondale CAAD 8 f/s w/BB30 (last US built CAAD8)
Surly Ice Cream Truck

User avatar
STARNUT
Posts: 3424
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:43 am
Location: Hilly, Hot, and Windy

by STARNUT

There are 2 frames; the Super6 high-mod and the Super6. The Super Six ultimate, team, Di2, and 1 all come with the High-mod frame. The Super6 2 and 3 come with the Super 6 frame.

Same molds, same construction, same factory, different carbon. Trek does this with the Madone with red, black, and white carbon.

The only difference is ~150grams stiffness is the same.

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

User avatar
Tinea Pedis
Posts: 8416
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:08 am
Location: Geelong
Contact:

by Tinea Pedis

Tinea Pedis wrote:I thought it was the geometries, not so much the grade of cf, that dictated more how stiff a frame would be...?



STARNUT wrote:There are 2 frames; the Super6 high-mod and the Super6. The Super Six ultimate, team, Di2, and 1 all come with the High-mod frame. The Super6 2 and 3 come with the Super 6 frame.

Same molds, same construction, same factory, different carbon.

The only difference is ~150grams stiffness is the same.

Starnut

Ta mate.

AXERA DO7
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Tasmania Australia

by AXERA DO7

@Starnut, is there a frameset only price for the Ulimate or painted HiMod frames in the US yet?

User avatar
turbo911
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:24 am
Location: Germany

by turbo911

@Starnut: It might be true what you say but anyway the model selection captions on the current c'dale webpage seem to be wrong at least as regards the SuperSix 2 and 3 models.

There are:

SuperSix HI-MOD 2 which is in fact a SuperSix 2 model with non-Hi-MOD fibres as well as the SuperSix 3 model ....

SuperSix HI-MOD 3

User avatar
Stats
Posts: 1112
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Australia

by Stats

@turbo911...

i think you'll find the hyperlink on the right hand side of the screen still says 'Hi-Mod' for the 2 and 3 models - but if you have a look at the actual big bold title or heading just above where you can select to look at the geometry or the spec - it only says 'Hi-Mod' for the Ultimate and 1 models etc... the other give away is the fact that in the spec's it only says hi-mod for the Ultimate, Team, Di2 and 1 models as well...

Trust Starnut - he's one of the good guys...

It would just be that they haven't completely gone through the website yet and cleaned up some of the links etc... CAAD9 still shows the cyclocross geometry when you look at it and there are a few links that don't connect properly even now...

Don't stress - i'm sure they'll fix it.. best way to see the diff is like an earlier poster pointed out, the Hi-Mod models have HM written on the top of the fork...

User avatar
Skunk
Posts: 1228
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:23 am
Location: bay area

by Skunk

STARNUT wrote:There are 2 frames; the Super6 high-mod and the Super6. The Super Six ultimate, team, Di2, and 1 all come with the High-mod frame. The Super6 2 and 3 come with the Super 6 frame.

Same molds, same construction, same factory, different carbon. Trek does this with the Madone with red, black, and white carbon.

The only difference is ~150grams stiffness is the same.

Starnut


Took you 4 pages to show up. You should be ashamed.

User avatar
Scooter
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:21 am
Location: Maryland

by Scooter

turbo911 wrote:@Starnut: It might be true what you say but anyway the model selection captions on the current c'dale webpage seem to be wrong at least as regards the SuperSix 2 and 3 models.

There are:

SuperSix HI-MOD 2 which is in fact a SuperSix 2 model with non-Hi-MOD fibres as well as the SuperSix 3 model ....

SuperSix HI-MOD 3



Yes those links are wrong. Look at the fork which does not include HM on it. Also if you look at the Specs the frame is not listed as HiMod there also.
Cannondale 2013 SuperSix EVO Black Inc w/SRM
Cannondale CAAD 10 Team custom paint
Cannondale 2009 Slice HiMod
Cannondale CAAD 8 f/s w/BB30 (last US built CAAD8)
Surly Ice Cream Truck

User avatar
turbo911
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:24 am
Location: Germany

by turbo911

Hi Scooter,

Gorgeous frame set. I have opted for the Team version which I hopefully will receive within two weeks from now (anyway not before Eurobike, Sept. 2-5) and maybe I will also buy this one.

The new parts by Edge Components (stem, handlebars and seatpost) would perfectly match the frame's finish, I guess and the Hollowgram SL crankset is an absolute MUST. Completed with a SRAM Red group and a pair of custom Edge tubulars it'll be an awesome WW race bike. Don't you think. :beerchug: :)

by Weenie


jever98
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:02 pm

by jever98

Could you please post pictures of the bottom headset race?

Thanks!
Jever
----
No longer in the industry

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post