Ridley Noah, advice please

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kevinkalis

by kevinkalis

I've got an opportunity to buy a 2012 Ridley Noah frame and would like some opinions from you guys.

First off, I believe the frame is BB30 compatible, if so, would I be able to fit my Hollowgram crankset to it?

What's handling like, any changes I can make ie. different fork, stem length (longer/shorter) or any other suggestions.

Is it possible to get a different saddle mount for the seatpost to raise the saddle?

Any help would be appreciated
Last edited by kevinkalis on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K2

Do you suffer more when you train, or cannot train?

davidalone

by davidalone

your post title says noah, and now you say helium?

two comepletely different bikes for a completely different purpose . specify yourserlf, please

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kevinkalis

by kevinkalis

davidalone wrote:your post title says noah, and now you say helium?

two comepletely different bikes for a completely different purpose . specify yourserlf, please

Sorry my bad....now corrected. It's positively a Noah
K2

Do you suffer more when you train, or cannot train?

ticou

by ticou

I had a test ride; it hovers over the bumps, and climbs v. well; if your light enough, go for it.

fatmike

by fatmike

I rode a Noah recently. It depends on your purpose. Its a no-nonesense go-fast race bike. It's among the stiffest frames I've ridden. But I didn't like the way it handled rough roads (we have a lot of them here) and it just didn't have the road feel or all-day comfort that I'm looking for.

/

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

^ this sounds more like what I expect. Very stiff race bike, but stiff in every direction, including vertical

ticou

by ticou

Strange! I'm a big fat tubsie and it rode like a magic carpet;tubsie-ness precludes a buy however.

Dougan

by Dougan

Without doubt the Noah is the stiffest bike i've had, If you're looking for something for century rides, sportives, club rides etc, look elsewhere this is a flat out race bike.

WinSuits

by WinSuits

kevinkalis wrote:I've got an opportunity to buy a 2012 Ridley Noah frame and would like some opinions from you guys.

First off, I believe the frame is BB30 compatible, if so, would I be able to fit my Hollowgram crankset to it?

What's handling like, any changes I can make ie. different fork, stem length (longer/shorter) or any other suggestions.

Is it possible to get a different saddle mount for the seatpost to raise the saddle?

Any help would be appreciated

I ride a Noah that is an 08' model. Best fitting bike that I've ever owned. It handles well and is very stiff.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com