Ritchey Stubby [and Light Alternatives]

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

phallenthoul
in the industry

by phallenthoul

Pat2A wrote:Columbus has one.

it's 80g heavier than FSA's..

bcheung

by bcheung

I think it's quite clear that the market will soon be hungry for ISP clamp alternatives.

The bolt (and nut) on my Pedalforce CG1 recently stripped and I've been frantically trying to get either a) Replacement hardware; or b) a new/different ISP clamp for my frame in time for my race this weekend.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ferrarista

by ferrarista

bcheung wrote:I think it's quite clear that the market will soon be hungry for ISP clamp alternatives.

The bolt (and nut) on my Pedalforce CG1 recently stripped and I've been frantically trying to get either a) Replacement hardware; or b) a new/different ISP clamp for my frame in time for my race this weekend.

your pedalforce can take a regular 31.6mm seatpost if you want. Dude If I were you, I would ditch the ISP clamp which is a porker at 130gr. and replace it with the shortest lightest seatpost you can find and cut it down even more. cut down a bit more your seat tube and do some slots front and back and put a lightweight clamp and voila. you should save around 50grams or more depending of what your using and have more adjustability. Also if you wanna resale your frame, you have more chance of finding someone since the height is more adjustable.
██

bcheung

by bcheung

How should I go about slotting the seattube? Is there a link to instructions, or at least a list of what tools I should use? I imagine a standard hacksaw won't cut it. (excuse the pun)

micky

by micky

@bcheung; Ive weighted myself that isp clamp from the taiwanese company yesterday at eurobike and it was 94 gramms but honestly forgot the size of it.
They said its new product for 2010 and not in production yet.

16simon

by 16simon

can anyone recommend an ISP seatpost with more than 20mm adjustment, or a longer length the standard? I'm being tempted by an ISP frame but the seatpost is 5-10mm too short.

Alternatively, are there any 'tall' saddles - 50mm plus from saddle rails to saddle top?

phallenthoul
in the industry

by phallenthoul

16simon wrote:can anyone recommend an ISP seatpost with more than 20mm adjustment, or a longer length the standard? I'm being tempted by an ISP frame but the seatpost is 5-10mm too short.

Alternatively, are there any 'tall' saddles - 50mm plus from saddle rails to saddle top?

Columbus Ghost. FSA SLK.
they're both posted in this thread.

Sasha011

by Sasha011

2 wheels wrote:
phallenthoul wrote:FSA has one coming.
a lot of material used. carbon/kevlar/steel.
height/angle adjustable.
friggin heavy too.

I also have a full carbon stubby for my new frame model. a bit heavier than Ritchey but better adjustability. pic coming soon.

Where did you find the picture of the FSA SL-K "stubby"?
Wonder if they release a lighter version in the K-Force range too?

FSA will also release aero shped K-Wing "stubby":
http://www.wheelgiant.com.tw/publicatio ... 3_P116.pdf
http://www.roadcyclinguk.com/news/article/mps/uan/3814

FSA_ISP.png

Image Image

The K-Wing aero seatpost will be used on the new bianchi 928 sl IASP (integrated aero seatpost)
[b]My Bianchi 928 SL IASP

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=71069&start=15

16simon

by 16simon

phallenthoul wrote:
16simon wrote:can anyone recommend an ISP seatpost with more than 20mm adjustment, or a longer length the standard? I'm being tempted by an ISP frame but the seatpost is 5-10mm too short.

Columbus Ghost. FSA SLK.
they're both posted in this thread.

The Columbus Ghost has 5-10mm of height adjustment (http://www.columbustubi.com/eng/4_2_26.htm)
The FSA has 20mm of adjustment but I can't find the reference

:roll:

ferrarista

by ferrarista

bcheung wrote:How should I go about slotting the seattube? Is there a link to instructions, or at least a list of what tools I should use? I imagine a standard hacksaw won't cut it. (excuse the pun)

dremel is your friend :lol: using the one with variable speed with the lowest speed should do it. using the cutting disk. first you start with holes at the bottom of the slot with the right size diameter drill bit and then with the dremel you cut the slot from the top. you finish with the sanding bit to smooth out the edges. it should not be that hard to do.

as for the seatpost a good cheap light alternative could be woodman carbo EL. it weighs around 120gr uncut for 31.6mm. thats at about 350mm. you could easily cut 100mm+ for your application and save much more or cut it a little and have a seatpost if you need it for another bike.
██

bcheung

by bcheung

An update...

My local bike shop ordered me the Stubby and the Fizik carbon rail clamp, the parts should be here sometime next week.

On another note, Velocite have confirmed the FSA ISP capper:

They've got a nice writeup here: http://velocitebikes.blogspot.com/2009/ ... sting.html

They say the weight is... are you sitting down?...... 200g!

wezep

by wezep

What about Tune?

http://www.rouesartisanales.com/article-35612395.html
My Frence is no good, but 75gr??

I tuned my Ritchey Stubby (with 7mm setback) to 110gr with Ti bolts.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

translated:
" - un adaptateur pour fixer les tiges de selles aux cadres à tige de selle intégrée est présenté, aluminium 7075, 75g, toutes les couleurs du spectre Tune sont possibles. Voici un produit qui ravira les possesseurs de cadres Scott..."

- an adapter to fix the rails of saddles to/with frames with integrated seatposts is presented, aluminium 7075,75g, all the colors of the Tune spectrum are possible. Here is a product which will charm the owners of Scott frames..."
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

bcheung

by bcheung

Thanks for the translation.

Shame it doesn't come in a setback version!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

And the obvious question: Where / when will it be available?

And the (once I've thought about it long enough to be sensible) question: Likely cost?

Cheers!