How old are Storck Power Arms Cranksets?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

giovanni wrote:I would have bought the american classic isis design chro/mo set up because at 140g it would have saved me 37g(1.32oz) alot of weight to me.
But they only make it in english thread not italian :cry: , If I hear of a bottom bracket(isis) that is lighter and as STRONG as what I have I will buy it.
Giovanni.

I just fitted my bike with an FRM ISIS bb. Italian thread and 175mm CU2 cranks. It weighed 134gm. Bearings are easy to replace, I checked witha local bearing distributor who told me they have them in stock. To me it all added up to be a no brainer. I think other parts of the bike are going to need looking at before the BB.
Ride lightly!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

So you think Octalink is much better then ISIS?

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

Superlite wrote:So you think Octalink is much better then ISIS?

It's not lighter, but my experience is that it's almost trouble-free. :D

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Superlite wrote:So you think Octalink is much better then ISIS?

There is no weight saving with Octalink. I think a lot of the ISIS problems relate to MTB use or incorrect assembly. As a weight wienie part we are talking about things that are not normal usage like 280gm rims, so why not add 134gm BB's?
Ride lightly!

Superlite

by Superlite

I know, but the DA octa link BB is notorius for not lasting, but mine is great.

Now I don't know what to due. I started this thread to figure out why I should buy Power Arms, but now its like theres more reasons not to buy them. If they aren't stiff then the weight savings is self defeating, I'd rather keed my FSA Superlites and octalink BB at a 100g weight penalty. Guess I can wait, I just got these cranks 2 months ago, and since the weather out in CO has gotten cold I haven't even riden much. Maybe next year something better will come out.

What about Neg mass cranks. Anyone know anything about those, price, weight, availabilty? Or any other cranks out now or in the future. Well thanks again.

Joel

by Joel

When you want a real durable, stiff square taper BB, go for the Record.
In my opinion hubs and BBs may be a little more heavier when they increase the performance and durability

JTC

by JTC

The negmass cranks will not be available until June next year at best to the tune of around $800. Give Andrew a call at www.cyclinginnovations.com for more info.