Pics of new Cannondale Six13 Team & Synapse Carbon????

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

John979

by John979

drjones96 wrote:
2002SaecoReplica wrote:It's really better that way...A lot of people were going to be up poo creek if canondale went backrupt, again, and parts were no longer available for the SI cranks. With the bottom bracket being oversized nothing else will fit. Doh :shock:

:exactly: I always thought the SI cranks were crazy for the exact reason you said. And with other companies now making oversized bearing BB's what's the point of C-dale making their own BB houseing which isn't compatable with anything else on the planet. Leaves the customer with no alternative (guess that's what they had in mind).

Please! How many of us keep a frameset or an of its components long enough to worry about "replacement parts"...
John979

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

drjones96

by drjones96

John979 wrote:Please! How many of us keep a frameset or an of its components long enough to worry about "replacement parts"...

I guess if you race, abuse your bike, are wealthy, and/or have sponsors with bottomless pockets you can just run a bike for a few months and throw it away. I, like a few others on this forum, have a limit to what I can spend on a bike and typically it has to last a few years. Yeah a crankset should last for a while but if I'm wanting to choose one I'd like to have more choices than SI and SI.

divve

by divve

Are you some kind of trouble maker? Just get the SI cranks :lol:

divve

by divve

Talk about FUGLY...almost as bad as the DeRosa Tango.
Attachments
synapserec_06.jpg

HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

by HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

Where did you find that Divve?
BILL NIKO, YOU WILL NOT EVER BE FORGOTTEN.

drjones96

by drjones96

divve wrote:Talk about FUGLY...almost as bad as the DeRosa Tango.

Couldn't agree more. I wonder who came up with that paint scheme :?

drjones96

by drjones96

HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH? wrote:Where did you find that Divve?

It's definately not on the website yet. I just checked.

HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

by HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

This paint scheme is looking better... but nothing special imho... I like the matte black look...
Attachments
synapse11.jpg
synapse10.jpg
ACF1C13.jpg

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

I'm sure there will be a Lampre scheme to go along with it. Cannondale's paint schemes this year and last have been kind of :roll: in my oppinion.
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

elliot100

by elliot100

The Synapse was previewed in UK's Cycling Weekly yesterday - and it sounds like it's not a race bike but aimed more at long distance comfort, I guess like a Trek Pilot or Cannondale's Sport Road series. Review next week.

drjones96

by drjones96

elliot100 wrote:The Synapse was previewed in UK's Cycling Weekly yesterday - and it sounds like it's not a race bike but aimed more at long distance comfort, I guess like a Trek Pilot or Cannondale's Sport Road series. Review next week.

Interesting. It makes sense though. If you look at the seat stays they have comfort written all over them the way they're made. OK...C-Dale brakes into the all carbon market with a comfort bike to get experience in making carbon stuff. Then after they get the experience under their belt and do some R&D they release an all carbon performance road racing frame. Any thoughts?

HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

by HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

[quote="elliot100"]The Synapse was previewed in UK's Cycling Weekly yesterday - and it sounds like it's not a race bike but aimed more at long distance comfort [quote] :? I'm not so sure about that... but I do see what DrJones is saying...

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

A new company only need to hire someone with 10 years knowolage and they can be the best in the game! So it doesnt mean there first bike will be crap!

John979

by John979

I was told by my LBS who, during the initial stages of the Synapse design project attended a focus group at Cannondale Headquarters, that Cannondale's decision to outsource production was basically twofold: 1) Cannondale's Bedford, PA facility was near capacity and would require significant investment to expand for a carbon fiber production line; 2) the existence of proven, high-quality OEM suppliers in Taiwan. I guess this does not preclude Cannondale from domestically producing high-end carbon fiber bicycles in the future. I will say this, I won't buy one made overseas.
John979

HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

by HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

Why won't you buy one produced overseas?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com