2010 SRAM Force

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hosehead

by Hosehead

Wow, I really like the looks of the group now. I never liked the looks of the original Force group. With this update, for my money, I'll take a Force group with a Red front deralleur thank you very much.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dubbayoo

by Dubbayoo

lalahsghost wrote:I don't think I will get another SRAM product for a while (bought '09 rival for my first real road bike).

When are they going to add more trim functions to their front derailleur shifter? I can't use my 12/13 and sometimes 14 tooth cogs without crosschaining in my 39 OR 34 chainring (two diff cranksets). I know there are shifting equivalents, but still....

If you've got cross chaining issues on that many gears you have some serious adjustment issues. I use my 34x13 all the time.

janessimon

by janessimon

Tinea Pedis wrote:I'm going to ask a very stupid question, but any idea on a release date...?

looks like it might be June/July:
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/s ... 2010-21273

djconnel

by djconnel

I get a bit of unhappiness in my 34/11 (Rival) or 36/11 (Red), but am fine otherwise. I'd take my bike to a shop and have them look at it if you're getting issues up into the 13. The trim's on the little ring on 09 Rival, right? That means its the cable adjuster, not the limit screws, which is affecting the FD position. So I'd think either the angle of the front derailleur is wrong (not parallel to the chain) or the cable adjust needs to be moved a bit.

Bikey

by Bikey

djconnel wrote:The trim's on the little ring on 09 Rival, right? That means its the cable adjuster, not the limit screws, which is affecting the FD position.

No, 2009 has FD trim on the big ring.

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

Hosehead wrote:Wow, I really like the looks of the group now. I never liked the looks of the original Force group. With this update, for my money, I'll take a Force group with a Red front deralleur thank you very much.

Why a RED fron derailleur with the Force group?
A lot of pro riders does the exact opposite, ride a RED group with the stiffer Force front derailleur.

djconnel

by djconnel

Bikey wrote:No, 2009 has FD trim on the big ring.

Oh -- then it could also be the limit screw.

Dan

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

2 wheels wrote:
Hosehead wrote:Wow, I really like the looks of the group now. I never liked the looks of the original Force group. With this update, for my money, I'll take a Force group with a Red front deralleur thank you very much.

Why a RED fron derailleur with the Force group?
A lot of pro riders does the exact opposite, ride a RED group with the stiffer Force front derailleur.

even better- red or force group with a campy chorus or record fd.

yourdaguy

by yourdaguy

I would definately go witht he Steel Force front instead of the Ti Red front. More precise shifting and use the extra money to shave grams elsewhere.
For certain parts stiffer is more important than lighter.

mitre_tester

by mitre_tester

yourdaguy wrote:I would definately go witht he Steel Force front instead of the Ti Red front. More precise shifting and use the extra money to shave grams elsewhere.

Depends what your bike is for. For racing, definitely Force FD instead of Red. If your bike is for weighing and admiring, and front shifts that happen on the same day most times are acceptable, the Red is rather pretty :)

BORCHETTO
Shop Owner

by BORCHETTO

I think the Gore sealing on the rear derailleur is on the wrong place. I'm pretty sure it should be behind the rear cable housing , and not in front of it.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

So...

2009 Rival
2010 Force

any word on the 2011 RED ? :wink:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Hi|ikus

by Hi|ikus

My 175mm BB30 SRAM Red crankset weighed in at 666g including all bearings and hardware. New force looks to be lighter...
Shut up legs and do what I tell you!

merkyworks

by merkyworks

Ok so if I'm wrong here then please correct me but it looks like the BB30 cranks use a BB the will thread into a normal BB frame. Kind of like the Zipp vuma quad does.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Hi|ikus wrote:My 175mm BB30 SRAM Red crankset weighed in at 666g including all bearings and hardware. New force looks to be lighter...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.