Does Anybody Know The Weight of The New C50 HP?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Superlite

by Superlite

I've looked up and down, left and right but I can't find the weight of this bloody frame! Any links to information or posted info most appreciated.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HäddaFahn

by HäddaFahn

Yu can guess why yu dont find a thing about it...if it was light ...yu could bet to find that...so its probably not light.

JTC

by JTC

I have heard somewhere around 990g. Not sure how true that is though.

chinphu

by chinphu

Hello. I weighed the C50 HP (just the frame, no fork) at Velo Pasadena and it weighed 1372g for a 53cm. I was surprised. I then weighed a 55cm C40 HP and it weighed 1355g. Again, I was very surprised. For 2 reasons: 1) World Cycling productions states in their catalog that a C40 HP 55cm weighs 1050g. 2) I read in two places that the C50 was supposed to weigh LESS than the C40. Perhaps the weight at Velo Pasadena was off, or maybe the bike was not balanced well. But how do you explain that a larger size C40 HP weighs LESS than a smaller size C50? I am very interested in getting more info, as I am considering buying a C50.

HäddaFahn

by HäddaFahn

Well, yu dont buy a Colnago cause of the good stats or weight...a Colnago is a Colnago is a Colnago...thats it. :D

JTC

by JTC

Wow those weights are quite larger than I would expect. Makes me wonder how much my Ovalmaster weights. I had always hear the C40 being advertised as weighing 2.3 lbs. I wonder how true those scales were. As far as Colnago goes, they are great bikes but unfortunately there are to many out there. I have had one for years and felt good about having something unique but now everybody and there grandmother has one (at least here in the states).

nicrump

by nicrump

i weighed a 57 cm c40 b-stay.... 1270 gram. no bolts in bottle boss and no seat clamp

bladteth

by bladteth

Yes, you do not buy Colnago frame for its weight. You buy these silly diamond shaped chainstays with a hole in the middle for its enormous stiffness. We are talking a whopping few thousands of mm difference in deflection when sprinting. Stop mumbling about the weight or price and bow now ;-)
Best regards,
Rado bladteth Rzeznicki

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

OK? I'm not buying a frame for it's name, I'm beyond such etheral things. The whole point of this post was to find out it's weight. I only weigh 130lbs so I don't really think stiffness is an issue for me. :wink: