Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Tue May 03, 2016 9:46 pm
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED

If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062


All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 49
Hi there.. Does someone have idea what setback Bianchi Oltre XR2 have in different dimensions? Im interested specialy about setback of 53 and 55 size

Greetings


Last edited by 3Pio on Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:40 am
Posts: 535
Location: Switzerland
not sure what you mean;

is it b1 minus x as in Bianchis geometry-tables ?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 49
GT56 wrote:
not sure what you mean;

is it b1 minus x as in Bianchis geometry-tables ?


Is that part of the top tube, but it's not caluclated just with b1 minus x, and dont know how to calculate it..

For example, Pinarello put this in their geometry chart

http://www.pinarello.com/en/bike-2015/r ... 8-geometry

In this chart is I value (for example on 53 cm frame is 149 mm)

So how to find out about Oltre XR2 in 53 and 55? :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:15 am
Posts: 1069
Location: NorthEU
Oltre size 53 = 152mm
Oltre size 55 = 162mm

What you do, you deduct the effective top tube length (measured horizontally)with the reach number.
So, B1 - X is your answer.


Attachments:
OLTRE-XR1-XR2-Carbon.jpg
OLTRE-XR1-XR2-Carbon.jpg [ 4.15 KiB | Viewed 363 times ]

_________________
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO D
Paduano Racing Fidia
Open *UP*
https://opencycle.com/showcase/xplr3r-1-by-rickard
Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 49
wheelsONfire wrote:
Oltre size 53 = 152mm
Oltre size 55 = 162mm



Im afraid this not true, becouse setback (u have a straight line from bottom bracket to the top tube. From that intersection we are measuring the distance to the centar of seat tube.. So i need this value...) is not calulated just B1-X (based on geometry chart of Bianchi)

For example if we see the chart from pinarello

http://www.pinarello.com/en/bike-2015/r ... 8-geometry

And for exaple for 53 cm we calculate same way as B1-X (in Pinarello Case would be L-Reach = 159. But the real value in this table is 149. )

So we still need proper setback values for Oltre XR2 53 and 55 :)


I guess for 55 would be somewhere around 149mm, and for 53mm would be probably 140 or 143mm.. But this is just guessing, i still cant calculate the real values that i need :(

Thanks anyway


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:29 pm
Posts: 3
Wheelsonfire is spot on, exactly the same as the pinarello measurement this way.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:15 am
Posts: 1069
Location: NorthEU
If that is the case, you should probably use the sloping angle.
That is BS instead of B1.

That would give you 140mm and 150mm.


3: If you don’t have the published seat tube angle for your frame and you don’t have an accurate protractor or “Angle Finder”, you can measure setback. To do this, hang a plumb bob from the top tube so it passes through the center of the bottom bracket axis. Put a piece of tape on the top tube to mark the spot. Measure horizontally from this line back to the frame size point. That is the frame setback. Seat tube angle can be calculated from setback and seat tube length or you can simply compare setback directly.

_________________
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO D
Paduano Racing Fidia
Open *UP*
https://opencycle.com/showcase/xplr3r-1-by-rickard


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 49
wheelsONfire wrote:
If that is the case, you should probably use the sloping angle.
That is BS instead of B1.

That would give you 140mm and 150mm.


3: If you don’t have the published seat tube angle for your frame and you don’t have an accurate protractor or “Angle Finder”, you can measure setback. To do this, hang a plumb bob from the top tube so it passes through the center of the bottom bracket axis. Put a piece of tape on the top tube to mark the spot. Measure horizontally from this line back to the frame size point. That is the frame setback. Seat tube angle can be calculated from setback and seat tube length or you can simply compare setback directly.



That can work :), but cant find Oltre in 53 cm to do it :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:23 am
Posts: 982
Location: Pack filler
cant you use trig to work it out?
The seat angle is 0.5° different between the 2 sizes, and accounts for a lot of the difference in TT length

_________________
Official cafe stop tester


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:40 am
Posts: 535
Location: Switzerland
why do you want this so exact anyway ?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 49
GT56 wrote:
why do you want this so exact anyway ?



Becouse i think its one of the most important thing on bike geometry, and based on this u can predict where u'll saddle would be. Specialy important since i have a long femurs (so need a lot of setback), and in same time i need short reach.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:40 am
Posts: 535
Location: Switzerland
3Pio wrote:
GT56 wrote:
why do you want this so exact anyway ?



Becouse i think its one of the most important thing on bike geometry, and based on this u can predict where u'll saddle would be. Specialy important since i have a long femurs (so need a lot of setback), and in same time i need short reach.


doesn't the seat tube angle give enough of a clue ?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 49
GT56 wrote:
3Pio wrote:
GT56 wrote:
why do you want this so exact anyway ?



Becouse i think its one of the most important thing on bike geometry, and based on this u can predict where u'll saddle would be. Specialy important since i have a long femurs (so need a lot of setback), and in same time i need short reach.


doesn't the seat tube angle give enough of a clue ?


Obviosly not.. But of course if u can calculate this setback length based on angle i would appreciate to share it with me, becouse i have maybe idea, but need detailed setback length


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:40 am
Posts: 535
Location: Switzerland
3Pio wrote:
GT56 wrote:
3Pio wrote:
GT56 wrote:
why do you want this so exact anyway ?



Becouse i think its one of the most important thing on bike geometry, and based on this u can predict where u'll saddle would be. Specialy important since i have a long femurs (so need a lot of setback), and in same time i need short reach.


doesn't the seat tube angle give enough of a clue ?


Obviosly not.. But of course if u can calculate this setback length based on angle i would appreciate to share it with me, becouse i have maybe idea, but need detailed setback length


how far behind the bottom bracket do you want the saddle tip to be, and of course what is your saddle height

if you already know what saddle, that would be helpful too


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 49
GT56 wrote:
3Pio wrote:
GT56 wrote:
3Pio wrote:
GT56 wrote:
why do you want this so exact anyway ?



Becouse i think its one of the most important thing on bike geometry, and based on this u can predict where u'll saddle would be. Specialy important since i have a long femurs (so need a lot of setback), and in same time i need short reach.


doesn't the seat tube angle give enough of a clue ?


Obviosly not.. But of course if u can calculate this setback length based on angle i would appreciate to share it with me, becouse i have maybe idea, but need detailed setback length


how far behind the bottom bracket do you want the saddle tip to be, and of course what is your saddle height

if you already know what saddle, that would be helpful too


I use two saddles: One is Selle Italia SLR Carbonio Flow (seem that this would be my main saddle), and Specialized Romin Evo Pro 143mm

Saddle height measured from bottom bracket, and using 172.5 cranks is 71.5 cm

Seatpost is with 25mm sb

I need tip of the saddle to be about 6 cm behind bottom bracket (and if u can tell me what is the maximum that i can get "tip of the saddle behind bb" on 53 and 55 even better :) )

Thanks


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Bianchi Oltre XR2 vs Colnago V1-R

in Road

cmcdonnell

13

797

Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:34 am

DrJeffers View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Bianchi Oltre XR2 headset options

in Road

cmcdonnell

1

158

Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:12 am

cmcdonnell View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Bianchi Oltre Nero 2011

in Road

oddspam

1

322

Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:56 pm

pete2528ca View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Bianchi Oltre XR2 vs Wilier Cento1SR - opinions needed!

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

TheGoldenGreek

21

1311

Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:52 am

kgt View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. C60 or oltre xr2

in Road

markyboy

8

919

Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:06 am

fromtrektocolnago View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Granfondo2014, jeffy, L3X, lowside67, MoPho, Qman, WESTMOTORSPORTS, Yahoo [Bot] and 38 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited