Should I not buy this Aeroad CFR?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Basscadet

by Basscadet

Looking for a light fast aero bike that I can throw some high volume tires on to absorb the terrible pavement. I have fallen in love with this spec of Aeroad CFR, comes with the Zipp wheels and paint that I prefer: https://www.canyon.com/en-us/road-bikes ... e=R065_P12

One hesitation is that is equipped with current SRAM Red and I know the new Red is already out and being tested today.

If you all have any guidance or recommendations (don't buy it! look at XYZ bike instead, etc) please let your opinion be known. :D

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

doesn't appear to on sale.. so tempted to say no with pending new RED coming out. Having ridden current older hood design and D2 Force design, much more of a fan of the D2 shape. How much more can new RED be ?
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NotYou

by NotYou

If you love the bike and the spec already, just go for it. Why bother waiting, if you can have your dream bike already. You'll have a hard time finding better value outside of Chinese brands or Decathlon (if they ever start offering the RCR Pro with decent stock). Sure, there's possibly going to be a new Red soonish, but that's most likely just an interation on the current one, not a revolution - and going by industry trend, it's also going to be significantly more expensive.
That is, if you don't have to have the latest shiny bits and pieces, or are keen to hope for this model with reduced pricing.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

I too was interested in that model due to the gorgeous paint but passed since its not available with Dura Ace, and worse, not available in my size.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

aprivat

by aprivat

Jonas Vingegaard won TdF last year with that group set. From that perspective, I would not be too concerned, unless (i) it is important to you to own the newest gear and/or (ii) resale value is important to you.

The bike looks great.
Cannondale Lab71 (2023)
S-Works Tarmac SL8 (2023)
Trek Domane Koppenberg (2014)
Specialized S-Works Crux (2021)

mlosco

by mlosco

That price isn't bad considering that it comes with a $4000 wheelset. If new Red is backwards compatible, you could always swap out the components that matter to you: e.g., shifters, FD.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

its always tough when the colorway is limited.. sometimes you just gotta do it. I know I would not be buying a bike with current RED at retail.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GONE4ARIDE

by GONE4ARIDE

Make sure the stock stem size is going to work for you, otherwise you'll have to replace the stock integrated bar/stem with something else. Canyon USA doesn't allow you to swap out sizes, and there never seems to be any inventory of Canyon replacement stock.