HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 113  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:02 pm 

is rotor releasing a revised version? Their power crank has been on the market for over a year - I know their big thing is/was that they had true L-R measuring as opposed to estimated based on drive side crank orientation, and they were proud to beat garmin to the market with that. I have heard numerous complaints with the system not having all the bugs worked out though. Lampre and Rui Costa were on the system at all of the press and training camps early this year, but I can't imagine it's a good sign they aren't anymore.

So, I can't speak from direct experience with Rotor (only what I've read), but I do know that I've had my p2m since October and it has worked flawlessly. I've had to change the battery once under normal life expectancy, and it was extremely quick and easy to do.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:12 am 

KWalker wrote:
banik wrote:
weekapaugin wrote:
banik wrote:
Does anyone knows about new rotor power meter ???

Although I had heard of the many issues with this unit, it seems those rumors are very true given that Lampre (Rotor sponsored team) have been using Type-S power2max units as of recent...

Μmmm you think so, i hear that comes on the market in a few days with price between 800-1000 euro...

Lampre has been using Power2Max for the past few months and its fairly obvious from lots of race pictures.

Yes, but have you seen what is at the left side of the cranks? ;-)

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:12 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:05 pm 

Mario Jr. wrote:
KWalker wrote:
banik wrote:
weekapaugin wrote:
banik wrote:
Does anyone knows about new rotor power meter ???

Although I had heard of the many issues with this unit, it seems those rumors are very true given that Lampre (Rotor sponsored team) have been using Type-S power2max units as of recent...

Μmmm you think so, i hear that comes on the market in a few days with price between 800-1000 euro...

Lampre has been using Power2Max for the past few months and its fairly obvious from lots of race pictures.

Yes, but have you seen what is at the left side of the cranks? ;-)
?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:23 pm 

@kwalker, I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable about recommending a new product without having a lot ot hours on it myself, so I am certainly not saying that the new SRM is the equal of it's other product. We'll see...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:17 pm 

just one more question i have Rotor 3d with Qrings aero so i dont have any problem with this, correct,P2M work fine with this set up ?

www.jabik.gr
http://instagram.com/banik69

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:17 pm 

Lampre has been using Power2Max for the past few months and its fairly obvious from lots of race pictures.[/quote]

Yes, but have you seen what is at the left side of the cranks? ;-)[/quote]?[/quote]

The Power2Max was there for testing purposes. Try and check if there was two computers on the bars... More in a couple of weeks. ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:28 am 

You are incorrect. I can't see why I know, but Lampre purchased many P2Ms to use. Not an official sponsorship, but they're on many training and race bikes and not as test units.

I've yet to hear of more than 2 or 3 decent Rotor experiences, but lots of terrible experiences.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:58 am 

Well, I have a little more information than you in this regard. Let me just tell you that the reason you saw the Power2 Max units was for validation of something else.
And yes, there was bunch of problems with the earlier units, but software updates has taken care of most. All the units we have sold this year has been virtually trouble free.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:43 am 

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GY85U_9JDYw/U ... AA88yp.jpg Rui Costa on Rotor P2M classic from Tour de Suisse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:58 am 

I feel that using the cheaper power2max to quality control the readings from the more expensive rotor power makes the rotor look like a failure and power2max look like a massive winner.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:54 am 

KWalker, I can't tell what, if any power meter he is running there.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:32 am 

Rui Costa was definitely not using a P2Max on the final stage of the TdS.

Also worth noting that the 3d+ crankset is not the powermeter version as it lacks the transmitter pods.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:11 pm 

I`ve visited Pioneer today and was able to try out the new powermeter version 2 I am just a consumer who works in a bike shop as mechanic and want to buy one myself and am looking around for a decent system

The black/white small display was indoors good to read but the bigger colour screen was way better in displaying the power vectors only the price differences are enourmous at 300€ for the small one and 1150€ for the bigger one.

Responce of the display was good and selecting a field was better than garmin edge 810.

The system did measure the left right differences between my legs accurate (right leg was broken in januari)

The finish of the products where great and the small display should whithstand water even better.
the sensors are also decently build and a chain drop should not be a problem.

Frame clearence of my 3 racing bikes are ok (merida time warp, koga myata fullpro2light and specialized allez smartweld. The koga myata is ok by 2 mm clearence so check your frame or ask Pioneer before buying)

Strava upload is automaticly just sing up.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:24 am 

Any word on the new SRM PC8?
The last date mentioned was 15th August....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:50 am 

Costa did indeed not have a PM mounted on the final stage. If you look at pictures he had a Type S and a Classic on other stages. Quite a few photos of Lampre riders using them I'm not really sure why this is being disputed.

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:50 am 

Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 113  Next