Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:52 pm
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062


All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2748 posts ]  Go to page Previous 199 100 101 102 103184 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:10 pm
Posts: 509
Just been to the SRM website and there is now a UCB version - User Changeable Battery using 2 x AA batteries in the BB.

Looks very sensible approach in terms of long battery life and low / protected battery position.

It would be good to know when this will be rolled out to the rest of the SRM line-up - Campag in particular, and how this could work with Ultra-torque.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 8:51 pm
Posts: 1333
Location: France
Using AA batteries in a cycle powermeter is not a sensible approach, I would go as far as to say it is a very stupid design decision!

Weight of 2 x AA batteries, 2 x 23g = 46g

Weight of a CR2032 coin cell 3g ( used in several other powermeters )

Yes the coin cell will run out sooner but we are talking every 6 months instead of every year or two. The AA batteries are also most likely alkaline instead of li-ion in the coin cell.

SRM continue to go backwards whilst, Power2Max, Stages, Garmin, etc move forward.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:00 am
Posts: 434
Does anyone know what combination of SRM and chain rings Astana run? Looks like a specialized SRM spider with Campagnolo Chain rings.

If so, this must be pro only at this stage?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

_________________
Instagram
Instagram - Work
Alluminati - CAAD10


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:25 am
Posts: 4743
Location: Canada
I was playing around with the new SRM last week. The AA battery system doesn't seem as heavy as you might think. If you need the bike UCI-legal anyway, I don't think it will be that big a deal. Actually, it's pretty nicely made. :cry:


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:10 pm
Posts: 432
http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/l91.pdf

Lithum AA at 14.5g each. I'd probably sacrifice 26g to not have to screw with the damn battery so often on the quarq. In a year and a half my quarq went through 4-5 batteries. I know the firmware is supposed to have fixed it...

Might be able to rig up some AAA's too at 7.6g. Though making a spacer sleeve at less than 14g might be difficult.
http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/l92.pdf


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:07 pm
Posts: 73
Location: Zwaag Nederland
Monday I visit the headquarter of Pioneer in the Netherlands for a presentation of the Pioneer bike power meter.
Any questions I can ask for you guys?
Me myself am going to buy one.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:57 pm
Posts: 4267
Location: Vicenza
Will it be compatible with Shimano only or will there be any more versions?


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:37 pm
Posts: 115
Location: 3goods
Does anyone knows about new rotor power meter ???

_________________
BMC Teammachine Slr01

www.jabik.gr
http://instagram.com/banik69


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:07 pm
Posts: 73
Location: Zwaag Nederland
Pioneer is shimano FC 9000 and FC6800 only for now but I`l ask.
I think the go the Stages route by only using alloy cranks.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:18 pm
Posts: 90
Location: phoenix, az
banik wrote:
Does anyone knows about new rotor power meter ???


Although I had heard of the many issues with this unit, it seems those rumors are very true given that Lampre (Rotor sponsored team) have been using Type-S power2max units as of recent...


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:02 am
Posts: 3239
Location: On the bike
marcelflash wrote:
Pioneer is shimano FC 9000 and FC6800 only for now but I`l ask.
I think the go the Stages route by only using alloy cranks.


Also DA7900.

_________________
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:37 pm
Posts: 115
Location: 3goods
weekapaugin wrote:
banik wrote:
Does anyone knows about new rotor power meter ???


Although I had heard of the many issues with this unit, it seems those rumors are very true given that Lampre (Rotor sponsored team) have been using Type-S power2max units as of recent...

Μmmm you think so, i hear that comes on the market in a few days with price between 800-1000 euro...

_________________
BMC Teammachine Slr01

www.jabik.gr
http://instagram.com/banik69


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:30 pm
Posts: 5280
Location: Bay Area
Geoff wrote:
I was playing around with the new SRM last week. The AA battery system doesn't seem as heavy as you might think. If you need the bike UCI-legal anyway, I don't think it will be that big a deal. Actually, it's pretty nicely made. :cry:


Weird- the local riders I know that have used it have said its been super problematic regarding drop outs and battery issues. Par for the course with recent SRM problems with their DA9000 units used with non-SRM head units.

_________________
Don't take me too seriously.
Gramz
Strava


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:30 pm
Posts: 5280
Location: Bay Area
banik wrote:
weekapaugin wrote:
banik wrote:
Does anyone knows about new rotor power meter ???


Although I had heard of the many issues with this unit, it seems those rumors are very true given that Lampre (Rotor sponsored team) have been using Type-S power2max units as of recent...

Μmmm you think so, i hear that comes on the market in a few days with price between 800-1000 euro...


Lampre has been using Power2Max for the past few months and its fairly obvious from lots of race pictures.

_________________
Don't take me too seriously.
Gramz
Strava


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:37 pm
Posts: 115
Location: 3goods
KWalker wrote:
banik wrote:
weekapaugin wrote:
banik wrote:
Does anyone knows about new rotor power meter ???


Although I had heard of the many issues with this unit, it seems those rumors are very true given that Lampre (Rotor sponsored team) have been using Type-S power2max units as of recent...

Μmmm you think so, i hear that comes on the market in a few days with price between 800-1000 euro...


Lampre has been using Power2Max for the past few months and its fairly obvious from lots of race pictures.

Yes i know, just thinking what is better to do, go on new Rotor or Power2max ?

P2M is working perfect so far...

_________________
BMC Teammachine Slr01

www.jabik.gr
http://instagram.com/banik69


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2748 posts ]  Go to page Previous 199 100 101 102 103184 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Pair SRM PC7 to non-SRM powermeter

in Road

Timmetje

4

841

Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:30 am

ParisCarbon View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Powermeter for SiSL2

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

MikeyBE

27

1829

Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:31 am

MikeyBE View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Help please... powermeter vs G3 and keeping weight down...

in Road

xntrickly

8

411

Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:00 am

morrisond View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Shimano powermeter patent

in Road

pamountainbiker

0

515

Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:27 am

pamountainbiker View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Shimano and Roto Powermeter suggestion?

in Road

Kongbop

0

227

Tue May 17, 2016 10:50 pm

Kongbop View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Flapmeat, Ritxis, snowdevlin, wheelsONfire and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited