New powermeter rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

olebole

by olebole

I always set up my training regimes to other peoples power profiles! Especially those with different leg balance, this is verified by measuring thigh circumference...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mentok

by mentok

it may be ok if you only use stages powermeters on all your different bikes. This still assumes that your leg discrepancies are constant and invariable, ie unaffected by factors such as fatigue, cadence, actual wattage, etc, which i would find difficult to believe and have seen in n=1 experimentation to demonstrate.

it isn't ok if you're using different powermeters from different manufacturers - consistency doesn't help much when what you really need is accuracy.

addictR1

by addictR1

ITTY: thanks. I would think it should also work as well. But wanted to make sure since once it's bonded, there no turning back. ;)

micky

by micky

Taiwanese Fouriers just posted some pictures of their prototype powermeter on their fb page and it reminds a lot of Power2max.

addictR1

by addictR1

Mickey u got a link for that?

SpeedyChix

by SpeedyChix

http://www.facebook.com/fouriersnorthamerica
November 18 post or tag w/in fb of ‪#‎fourierslaboratory‬
adrenaline junkie

addictR1

by addictR1

Thanks speedy

rma

by rma

Rotor has launched the right-sided version of if single-sided powermeter. Is there any "in-depth" review of these equipments (now 3 versions) from Rotor?

OJ

by OJ

Has anybody received their 4iiii Precision yet?
http://demarere.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rick

by Rick

I am afraid that even if I did not have a leg imbalance now, that I would soon develop one if I started using a one-sided power meter. Just being conscious that one leg was being measured while the other one was not would probably make me stomp the "good" leg harder while letting the "free" leg goof off. :noidea:

russianbear

by russianbear

Noticed Garmin Vector S is now available. You get one pedal for $900, with the option to upgrade to the full system later if you want.

ITTY

by ITTY

OJ wrote:Has anybody received their 4iiii Precision yet?

They updated their Facebook page saying they should be shipping at the end of December. Personally, I got impatient and ordered a Quarq Elsa to use in the meantime, which I will probably switch to a different bike when the 4iiii arrives.
Moloko Plus 6.24 kg

"We haven't located us yet"

SpeedyChix

by SpeedyChix

I snagged a Verve InfoCrank and am really happy with it. Have used a host of other power meters over the years and this thing just rocks!

If you want more info contact them here. Great response and service. www.vervecycling.com
adrenaline junkie

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

I was also waiting for the 4iiii's and decided to go Power2Max instead as I did not want to wait any longer.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

russianbear

by russianbear

I'm going to get the Vector S I'm pretty certain. Can anyone confirm where I am to measure crank width/thickness to decide if i need the standard or large? I assume it's right at where the pedal is attached. Campy record cranks.