Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:16 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3347 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1215 216 217 218 219224 Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:09 am 

3Pio wrote:
reknop wrote:
Dagger9903 wrote:
Thanks (I guess?) for the heads up. I just ordered a pair. I've heard good things about the bepro's and i'm sure this tech is just better with a better body / installation process.

I ordered it through clever training as per DC Rainmaker's site - extra 10% off made it an easy choice!

prebsy wrote:

The $735 US msrp and "tool free" installation makes these a slam dunk in my book. Given this is gen 2 for favero I might take the leap and buy them before the dc gets the review in. I can't remember a PM company that hasn't got it right by gen 2.

Dutch company Ultrabikes just published a nice comparative article of the bePRO and Assioma versions of Favero.
For those who can read Dutch here is the direct link: http://www.ultrabikes.com/watt-talk/htt ... avero.html

Im thinking should i go with STAGES for my Campagnolo Record or go pedal based, since i dont want to add weight to my bike, and like a lot my Look Keo 2 Ti pedals. But seem that at the end i'll go with pedal based. I'll wait few months until Vector 3 reviews and price, and we'll decide between Stages, Assioma and Vector 3.

Forget Stages, I've been using the Super Record Stages PM since launch, had nothing but trouble with battery issues (draining in 3-4 days even when the bike isn't in use), the shop I got it from has been super helpful and no issues with them. But the support from the distributor/Stages is terrible.

Thinking to swallow the cost and pick up the new Favero pedals instead.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:18 pm 

Some cheaper addition to the Power2Max range - NG eco:
http://road.cc/content/news/228015-powe ... ower-meter
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/08/pow ... eview.html

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:18 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:56 pm 

moonoi wrote:
3Pio wrote:
reknop wrote:
Dagger9903 wrote:
Thanks (I guess?) for the heads up. I just ordered a pair. I've heard good things about the bepro's and i'm sure this tech is just better with a better body / installation process.

I ordered it through clever training as per DC Rainmaker's site - extra 10% off made it an easy choice!

Dutch company Ultrabikes just published a nice comparative article of the bePRO and Assioma versions of Favero.
For those who can read Dutch here is the direct link: http://www.ultrabikes.com/watt-talk/htt ... avero.html

Im thinking should i go with STAGES for my Campagnolo Record or go pedal based, since i dont want to add weight to my bike, and like a lot my Look Keo 2 Ti pedals. But seem that at the end i'll go with pedal based. I'll wait few months until Vector 3 reviews and price, and we'll decide between Stages, Assioma and Vector 3.

Forget Stages, I've been using the Super Record Stages PM since launch, had nothing but trouble with battery issues (draining in 3-4 days even when the bike isn't in use), the shop I got it from has been super helpful and no issues with them. But the support from the distributor/Stages is terrible.

Thinking to swallow the cost and pick up the new Favero pedals instead.

I'm having the same problem. I've got the DA9000 unit, and it's only lasting me about 2 weeks, so I've taken to removing the battery after every ride (thankfully, it's only a 20 second job). I just opened a ticket with Stages on Saturday, so I hope to hear from them, soon.

I think this is a firmware issue. The problems seem to have become worse after the last one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Madone 4, SpeedConcept, Cobia. I own a lot of Treks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:41 pm 

moonoi wrote:

That's unfortunate, but I've been using mine (Record) regularly since the end of March and I have only just seen my first low battery warning.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:18 pm 

Mockenrue wrote:
moonoi wrote:

That's unfortunate, but I've been using mine (Record) regularly since the end of March and I have only just seen my first low battery warning.

Not on a Campy one, but DA9000, just changed the battery after a little more than 5000 km ( exactly 3 months of use, and that's with lots of hours in the back of the car also...), grand total of 25.000km without any issues, although also used during winter rides, some crashes, hosing and use on 2 bikes with regular switch between both.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:58 pm 

mag wrote:

Will Quarq follow suit? :noidea:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:31 pm 

Stages Cycling LR dual-sided power meter announced: https://cyclingtips.com/2017/08/stages- ... announced/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:33 pm 

Quote:
Claimed battery life is diminished slightly from Stages’ single-sided units,

That really is quite some achievement :lol: :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:34 pm 

When is the 4iiii 9100 dual sided version due?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:08 pm 

DS Stages for 1200+ EUR? No, thanks, especially when you have P2M NG at similar price or Quarq Dzero below that price point in the market (not to speak about P2M NG Eco or some other possible choices).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:18 pm 

mrlobber wrote:
DS Stages for 1200+ EUR? No, thanks, especially when you have P2M NG at similar price or Quarq Dzero below that price point in the market (not to speak about P2M NG Eco or some other possible choices).

That's with the chain rings.

I'm curious to see if they offer an upgrade program or crank-install program like Pioneer.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:46 pm 

mrlobber wrote:

+1. Integrated crank powermeter has never appealed to me. If the powermeter goes bad you have to throw the crankset in the garbage.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:15 pm 

Don't you usually just send it in for repair/service?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:17 pm 

mrlobber wrote:
Yep p2max is the only value for money choice. 1 have 2 and I have no issue at all almost 4 years .....

in watt mode

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:19 pm 

AJS914 wrote:
Don't you usually just send it in for repair/service?

When people have issues with Stages and if it's under warranty, they send in their broken powermeter and Stages sends them a new one. That tells me Stages cannot be repaired. What they do with the broken powermeters, I have no idea. If the powermeter breaks on the right arm it's a far bigger financial deal for Stages. The right-side crank arm is much more expensive than the left.

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:19 pm 

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3347 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1215 216 217 218 219224 Next