New powermeter rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mattjevans

by mattjevans

Yes quite misleading - the truth of it is they have two different "universal" BB's, UBB30 and UBB24, and UBB30 does NOT fit "every" bottom bracket

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

UBB24 is basically Shimano standard, where UBB30 does fit all - except for Trek's BB90/BB95.

All Rotor Powermeters has always utilized UBB30 spindles and for INpower it's impossible to fit the electronics/battery in the 24mm spindles.

mattjevans

by mattjevans

I think it would be more honest to say "almost all" or "all except BB90" rather than obfuscate the way Rotor do

WMW
in the industry

by WMW

g32ecs wrote:I wish the guys behind the LIMITS went into scientific detail about the Q factor-factor. I think they lost me there as a backer and I really wanted one.

Why on earth would you back them anyway?

Do you realize they haven't done any design or engineering, haven't built any prototypes, and are under no legal obligation to deliver a working product? Let alone one that actually functions *properly*. Their schedule is a total joke. They very well could be planning this as a scam from the start.
formerly rruff...

mattjevans

by mattjevans

I think they probably have good intentions but I agree with everything else you've said.

lbs0927

by lbs0927

How did you think stages powermeter??
I hesitate buy it

mattjevans

by mattjevans

lbs0927 wrote:How did you think stages powermeter??
I hesitate buy it

A lot of people seem very happy with them. Also a lot of people seem to have battery drain issues. And some people don't like the one-sidedness. Probably not much more to add other than they are light but no longer seem very cheap after the various competitor price reductions.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

My wife's bike has the stages.. No battery issues and it just seems to work .. Nearly a year now .. I was concerned as well and got the extended warranty too
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

showdown

by showdown

I run Di2 and a Stages- my second on in fact. It works. I had issues with the first one I had but the folks at Stages were amazing in getting the problem solved and a new crank arm to me. Given the shifting price landscape I'm not sure that it would be my first choice if I had to pay retail (I did not and as such the cost of the Stages was obscenely low) I'd probably opt for a Pioneer or and Elsa RS.

jo.k

by jo.k

So any shops in euroland that can handle the Pioneer upgrade for Shimano crankset? Competitive Cyclist says something in the lines of 8-10 business days, but three shippings to and from the US seems a bit silly and probably all kinds of tax and handling fees will occur.

rma

by rma

Has anyone laid hands on INPOWER?

jeffy

by jeffy

Jo.k

Ultrabikes sell the Pioneer system

KWalker

by KWalker

For those interested in Pioneer or Elsa, why do you not consider P2M which has a longer/more proven track record, often lower price point, and great reviews?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

showdown

by showdown

I can only speak for myself but I wouldn't consider a P2M as I would want to use the Shimano Dura Ace chainring with Di2 and P2M just really isn't all that Shimano friendly... Has nothing to do with quality, customer service, accuracy or anything other than perceived performance and honestly... aesthetics.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com