New powermeter rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

prebsy

by prebsy

I guess cateye is teaming up with 4iiii in an effort to move ant+ head units???

http://cateyeamerica.com/CatEye-4iiii-P ... oChyvw_wcB

maquisard

by maquisard

4iiii doesn't have the distribution channels, Cateye does, simples!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

When my Powertap SL+ was producing peaking 1800watts on a sprint, I knew either my drugs were working good that day or the hub had to go back to the shop. When I was producing 600watts coasting, I knew it was not the drugs.

2 pairs of Vectors have not had an issue [yet].

maquisard

by maquisard

There is a push at the minute to add a calibration or zero-offset to the ANT+ power profile. That way for each ride you do, your calibration value would be reported along with the powerdata. This not only allows erroneus data to be identified at data analysis time but also allows software, be it in an app or another analysis program, to analyse the health of your powermeter and flag when things are starting to go wonky.

Always amazes me when people don't pay attention to their powermeter calibration and blindly believe the numbers it reports.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Lol..bikeradar "announces" a new "ridiculously light" srm......which they estimate to be about 600 gm. So how is that a breakthrough weight, given that even new quarqs come in under that........

ms6073

by ms6073

goodboyr wrote:Lol..bikeradar "announces" a new "ridiculously light" srm......

600-grams is actually pretty lightweight for an SRM road double. Care to share a link to the article?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

goodboyr

by goodboyr

New Quarq that is actually available is 588 gm. ...amongst others. Who knows whether this will actually see the light of day. Remember other SRM reveals like the rechargeable battery?

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/srm-reveal-ridiculously-light-powermeter-cranks-48488/

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

goodboyr wrote:Lol..bikeradar "announces" a new "ridiculously light" srm......which they estimate to be about 600 gm. So how is that a breakthrough weight, given that even new quarqs come in under that........

They seem to be suggesting that it's a spindle based product, so left-side only?? Seems like a really expensive way to buy a Stages.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

goodboyr

by goodboyr

So little info, who knows. I note that they updated the article with reference weight compared to quarq red (which is one of the heavier quarqs), but I think they are comparing an srm without rings to a quarq with rings....who knows. It's a pretty sketchy amount of info for such a "breakthrough"......

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Geoff

by Geoff

That's 'spindle-mounted', i.e., the PowerMeter is the SRM Dura-Ace version adapted for use with spindle-mounted crankarms manufactured by THM. There is also a version coming with alloy crankarms, instead.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

The Quarq D-Zero with Exogram arms is advertised as 558g without rings. The P2M FSA KForce Light BB386 is said to be 576g without rings (both 110BCD). What is the breakthrough out there by SRM?
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

reknop

by reknop

I'm curious when the new Pioneer PMS for DA 9100 will land in the Netherlands/Europe.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

LAN

by LAN

The SRM weight is WITH chainrings, so it is lighter than Quarq/P2M

The current SRM with THM M3 cranks weigh 460g without chainrings, and around 600g with (pictures by RyanH available with google :)).

This new version from SRM just looks like two "left" THM crank arms, with a special spindle

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

Geoff wrote:That's 'spindle-mounted', i.e., the PowerMeter is the SRM Dura-Ace version adapted for use with spindle-mounted crankarms manufactured by THM. There is also a version coming with alloy crankarms, instead.

So you mean that this is an SRM made to work with a 3 piece crank where the arm/meter mountes onto the standalone spindle as opposed to a 2 piece design (like a Shimano) where the spindle is a permanant part of the arm meter unit? That is what I took the BikeRadar article to mean, but I agree it was worded poorly and made it sound like they were coming out with some sort of spindle mounted sensor like Rotor.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

LAN wrote:The SRM weight is WITH chainrings, so it is lighter than Quarq/P2M

The current SRM with THM M3 cranks weigh 460g without chainrings, and around 600g with (pictures by RyanH available with google :)).

This new version from SRM just looks like two "left" THM crank arms, with a special spindle

I'm having trouble understanding how this new one could be that light. The thm m3 srm is quoted as 660 with praxis chainrings. What we are talking about is an srm dura ace 9000 spider and chainrings with thm crank arms instead of the alloy Shimano crank arms. Are you saying there's over 200 gms of difference between crank arms? Because that's really the only difference between the new and the old dura ace 9000 srm, they've replaced the alloy crank arms with the thm carbon ones.
TheKaiser wrote:
Geoff wrote:That's 'spindle-mounted', i.e., the PowerMeter is the SRM Dura-Ace version adapted for use with spindle-mounted crankarms manufactured by THM. There is also a version coming with alloy crankarms, instead.

So you mean that this is an SRM made to work with a 3 piece crank where the arm/meter mountes onto the standalone spindle as opposed to a 2 piece design (like a Shimano) where the spindle is a permanant part of the arm meter unit? That is what I took the BikeRadar article to mean, but I agree it was worded poorly and made it sound like they were coming out with some sort of spindle mounted sensor like Rotor.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com