New powermeter rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

Haven't read it yet, but Pez has a review up of the Power2Max Type S powermeter by Stephen Cheung. Review can be found here: http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/tech-n-sp ... NsLBS77-io

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ajh

by ajh

Anyone seen more info fro Brim Brothers

I am number 70 on the pre-order but have not heard a peep yet about actually ordering. I am thinking that I sold my stages too early.

xplaza

by xplaza

The PowerTap GS Hub price has been reduced to $839

rma

by rma

Powermeter Related news:

http://www.bikerumor.com/2015/02/13/srm ... rfit-bike/

It's near now...

fifarafa

by fifarafa

has anyone noticed the change of stiffness of crank with p2m? I've SISL2 and I wonder how much I lost with p2m spider...

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Put another way, how much do you think a lack of spider stiffness has cost you in performance?

fifarafa

by fifarafa

I wonder between p2max and powertap. I want to select the optimal solution for me. That's exactly why I asked the question:)

jekyll man

by jekyll man

I went from rotor aero to p2m, and cannot feel or see a difference.
I would imagine you would actually increase stiffness going to p2m spider with it being solid rather than being individual arms.

Ring choice would have a bigger effect maybe?

As for choice between powertap and p2m, I have both. If I could afford 2 p2m's that's what i'd have.
Powertap is now due for torque tube #5, but think i'm going to have to pay for this. It's the cheapest solution available.
Official cafe stop tester

AndreLM

by AndreLM

Unfortunately all powermeters have compromises. If you are on the fence between P2M and a PT, the quetion is all about wheels... Do you have more than one rear wheel? Do you train and race on the same set? If you are concerned about spider stiffness, remember that the flange spacing on a Powertap is also not the best around... The wheels could be softer than what you have today.

FredBloggs

by FredBloggs

I also have had experience with a PowerTap, see this comment "Powertap is now due for torque tube #5, but think i'm going to have to pay for this. It's the cheapest solution available" - Well if you have a quick look around the Internet you will see that its a very common fault. I'm on my 2nd TT which failed last year, I just threw the wheel into the shed and picked up a SRAM Quarq.

If you have multiple bikes, each which will accept the same type of crank based PM, I believe that this is your best option. I don't believe in being a test mule for a product which you are paying for, that's what you are effectively doing when you choose a powertap. Oh, and don't even get me started on how bad the bearings are....

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

fifarafa wrote:I wonder between p2max and powertap. I want to select the optimal solution for me. That's exactly why I asked the question:)

You've missed my point, which is 'would the difference between crank stiffness (if indeed there was any at all) affect yyour performance'.

I know what my answer would be, was interested in yours. That's exactly why I asked the question.

The thread is large, but you'll find plenty of accounts where people (who have had other PMs) have nothing but good things to say about Power2Max. I myself left SRM for them and now have a Classic and a Type-S. Could not be happier with them.

fifarafa

by fifarafa

thakns guys:)
Decision has been made:) - p2m type s classicstandard
I plan to mount praxis chainrings - classic. It is a pity that p2m sells spider only with clover version.

maquisard

by maquisard

Something new is coming from Powertap and it looks like it is crank or spider based!

http://www.powertap.com/blogs/news/1736 ... l-evolving

too crusty

by too crusty

^good catch! Looks like powertap is doing something similar to pioneer.

jooo

by jooo

It looks like both of the chain-rings are joined somehow? People have mentioned using the chain-rings themselves as a PM. Could they be doing something like that?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com