New powermeter rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

moonoi wrote:
3Pio wrote:
reknop wrote:
Dagger9903 wrote:Thanks (I guess?) for the heads up. I just ordered a pair. I've heard good things about the bepro's and i'm sure this tech is just better with a better body / installation process.

I ordered it through clever training as per DC Rainmaker's site - extra 10% off made it an easy choice!

Dutch company Ultrabikes just published a nice comparative article of the bePRO and Assioma versions of Favero.
For those who can read Dutch here is the direct link: http://www.ultrabikes.com/watt-talk/htt ... avero.html

Im thinking should i go with STAGES for my Campagnolo Record or go pedal based, since i dont want to add weight to my bike, and like a lot my Look Keo 2 Ti pedals. But seem that at the end i'll go with pedal based. I'll wait few months until Vector 3 reviews and price, and we'll decide between Stages, Assioma and Vector 3.

Forget Stages, I've been using the Super Record Stages PM since launch, had nothing but trouble with battery issues (draining in 3-4 days even when the bike isn't in use), the shop I got it from has been super helpful and no issues with them. But the support from the distributor/Stages is terrible.

Thinking to swallow the cost and pick up the new Favero pedals instead.

I'm having the same problem. I've got the DA9000 unit, and it's only lasting me about 2 weeks, so I've taken to removing the battery after every ride (thankfully, it's only a 20 second job). I just opened a ticket with Stages on Saturday, so I hope to hear from them, soon.

I think this is a firmware issue. The problems seem to have become worse after the last one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

moonoi wrote:Forget Stages, I've been using the Super Record Stages PM since launch, had nothing but trouble with battery issues (draining in 3-4 days even when the bike isn't in use), the shop I got it from has been super helpful and no issues with them. But the support from the distributor/Stages is terrible.

That's unfortunate, but I've been using mine (Record) regularly since the end of March and I have only just seen my first low battery warning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Delorre

by Delorre

Mockenrue wrote:
moonoi wrote:Forget Stages, I've been using the Super Record Stages PM since launch, had nothing but trouble with battery issues (draining in 3-4 days even when the bike isn't in use), the shop I got it from has been super helpful and no issues with them. But the support from the distributor/Stages is terrible.

That's unfortunate, but I've been using mine (Record) regularly since the end of March and I have only just seen my first low battery warning.

Not on a Campy one, but DA9000, just changed the battery after a little more than 5000 km ( exactly 3 months of use, and that's with lots of hours in the back of the car also...), grand total of 25.000km without any issues, although also used during winter rides, some crashes, hosing and use on 2 bikes with regular switch between both.

MAsshole

by MAsshole

Will Quarq follow suit? :noidea:

reknop

by reknop

Stages Cycling LR dual-sided power meter announced: https://cyclingtips.com/2017/08/stages- ... announced/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Claimed battery life is diminished slightly from Stages’ single-sided units,

That really is quite some achievement :lol: :P

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

When is the 4iiii 9100 dual sided version due?
Using Tapatalk

mrlobber

by mrlobber

DS Stages for 1200+ EUR? No, thanks, especially when you have P2M NG at similar price or Quarq Dzero below that price point in the market (not to speak about P2M NG Eco or some other possible choices).
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

MAsshole

by MAsshole

mrlobber wrote:DS Stages for 1200+ EUR? No, thanks, especially when you have P2M NG at similar price or Quarq Dzero below that price point in the market (not to speak about P2M NG Eco or some other possible choices).

That's with the chain rings.

I'm curious to see if they offer an upgrade program or crank-install program like Pioneer.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

mrlobber wrote:DS Stages for 1200+ EUR? No, thanks, especially when you have P2M NG at similar price or Quarq Dzero below that price point in the market (not to speak about P2M NG Eco or some other possible choices).

+1. Integrated crank powermeter has never appealed to me. If the powermeter goes bad you have to throw the crankset in the garbage.

AJS914

by AJS914

Don't you usually just send it in for repair/service?

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Yep p2max is the only value for money choice. 1 have 2 and I have no issue at all almost 4 years .....

in watt mode
πατα τραβα ρε

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

AJS914 wrote:Don't you usually just send it in for repair/service?

When people have issues with Stages and if it's under warranty, they send in their broken powermeter and Stages sends them a new one. That tells me Stages cannot be repaired. What they do with the broken powermeters, I have no idea. If the powermeter breaks on the right arm it's a far bigger financial deal for Stages. The right-side crank arm is much more expensive than the left.

mariosimas

by mariosimas

P2M not Dual Leg Power

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

pdlpsher1 wrote:
AJS914 wrote:Don't you usually just send it in for repair/service?

When people have issues with Stages and if it's under warranty, they send in their broken powermeter and Stages sends them a new one. That tells me Stages cannot be repaired. What they do with the broken powermeters, I have no idea. If the powermeter breaks on the right arm it's a far bigger financial deal for Stages. The right-side crank arm is much more expensive than the left.

No? I sent back a crankarm with a gen1 a few months ago and got it repaired for free outside of warranty. They removed the gen1 module and replaced it with the current gen2, then sent it back to me. They did not simply send me a new crankarm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com