HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:12 am
Posts: 1231
I can switch my campy alloy cranks to fsa pro team carbon isis ones, for not that much money. I'm wondering if it's worth it? the weight difference is not huge, plus it's a hassle switching bottom brackets. Is the fsa significantly stiffer?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:22 am
Posts: 132
Location: Madison, WI
I would say no. But it also depends on how worn your current stuff is.
I am not a big fan of Isis, don't expect the new bb to be as smooth and durable as Campy.

_________________
BURN YOUR LEGS, NOT OIL!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:15 am 


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:12 am
Posts: 1231
Paco Bonnin wrote:
I would say no. But it also depends on how worn your current stuff is.
I am not a big fan of Isis, don't expect the new bb to be as smooth and durable as Campy.


Cool. My current set up is less than 500 miles new.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:55 am
Posts: 942
Location: "On the other side of the pine lands", NY
It's not about "smoothness" or durability for me. I like the ISIS system except for the wider Q factor. I've been used to riding Campy 102mm BB's for so long that when I got my Team Pro Issue cranks, the wider Q was annoying. I'm slowly getting used to it.

Many people won't notice it, especially if they've never ridden Campy much.

_________________
Aero beats weight - unless you're slow!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:12 am
Posts: 1231
onyourleft wrote:
It's not about "smoothness" or durability for me. I like the ISIS system except for the wider Q factor. I've been used to riding Campy 102mm BB's for so long that when I got my Team Pro Issue cranks, the wider Q was annoying. I'm slowly getting used to it.

Many people won't notice it, especially if they've never ridden Campy much.


I'm pretty used to the campy, I actually see nothing wrong with it, never really detected any lack of stiffness on my current aluminum bike ( i weigh 175 lb).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:41 am 


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:55 am
Posts: 942
Location: "On the other side of the pine lands", NY
brianwchan wrote:
onyourleft wrote:
It's not about "smoothness" or durability for me. I like the ISIS system except for the wider Q factor. I've been used to riding Campy 102mm BB's for so long that when I got my Team Pro Issue cranks, the wider Q was annoying. I'm slowly getting used to it.

Many people won't notice it, especially if they've never ridden Campy much.


I'm pretty used to the campy, I actually see nothing wrong with it, never really detected any lack of stiffness on my current aluminum bike ( i weigh 175 lb).


I've never been bothered by any "stiffness" problems with Campy BB's or cranksets either, but I did want to try another system to see what all the fuss was about.

My conclusion is I think it's mostly a marketing ploy to get people to buy more new gear. Soon I will be going back to Campy Al cranks.

_________________
Aero beats weight - unless you're slow!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Slagter and 33 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Upgrade to Campy Record on my Merckx Team SC Domo/Lotto or b

in Road

Steelman

13

776

Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:35 am

Frankie - B View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Switching off Campagnolo EPS

in Road

Ebruner

6

582

Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:20 pm

mike View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago C59: Switching Headsets

in Road

SGcyclist

1

363

Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:40 am

willy View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Dura-ace 9000: Problem switching to smallest cog-wheel

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Road

luminous

20

1263

Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:22 am

KLabs View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago C59 Disc...Worth it...?

in Road

hepe10ab

6

1192

Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:15 pm

Stats View the latest post


It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:41 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB