Ground Breaking News, Looking at you Popawheelie.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Superlite

by Superlite

I'm too tired to write this post right now, but just letting you know tomorrow I have some interesting information to tell you popa and others. Stay tuned. :lol:
Last edited by Superlite on Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Superlite

by Superlite

Ok, your never going to beleive this. I almost messed myself when I found out yesterday. Remember Fly-Sports? How could you forget. :wink: Yes, I know your mad as hell and wanna kick that guys ass, but listen to this.

Yesterday I went to the machine shop that I have my pedal inserts made at and we were just talking. At some point in the conversation he mentioned that he just met another guy that was manufacturing bike parts as well. I asked him who, he didn't know his name, but he told me that the guy was moving from Texas to Colorado Springs (my home). Then I started thinking. Who was in Texas that was moving to CO? Then I just thought "OH SHIT!" Sure enough it was Fly-Sports.

Being worried about my manufacurer being some how screwed over like so many other people I told him about all the people that had paid for cranksets and received nothing. To my surprise he said that's the reason why he's comming out here. In Texas no manufacturing companies were willing to manufacture his cranks due to extremely small orders. When he was saying that he makes his cranks in batches only he was telling the truth. Materials have never been an issue, they have always been readily available, but manufacturing was a different story. Apperantly he is not capable of producing these himself, he doesn't own machining equipment, so he relied on other companies to manufacturer his products, hence why when you went to address all you saw was an appartment, it was probly his home. Unfortunatly in Texas there really are not any "little" manufacturing plants, so thats why no cranks are being made and why you Popa never got yours.

Once his move is complete, sometime in the next month, he will be producing the cranks and getting them out to everyone. He's having some laser engraved as we speak at a facility about 2 miles from my house. I'm actually going to meet this guy and let him know how pissed off all of these people are, although I'm pretty sure he knows his buisness is in ruins.

As for why he has not responded to emails or refunded your money Popa I have no clue. Hopefully I'll find all of this out when I meet him. If you want to write a letter to him email it to me and I'll personally give it to him.

After talking about Fly-Sports to my manufacturer I honestly beleive that this guy is for real and not a scam artist. Just has a really bad start to what could be a good buisness. My manufacturer is very reputable and would not deal with people like this unless he knew he as a good man. He produces prototypes for Rockshox, Thule, and other large companies, so I'm confident he knows whats going on. If it was a scam, he'd know.

I'll make another post in the near future when I find out more information from my manufacturer or when I meet the guy behind Fly-Sports. Lets hope for the best.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nikh

by nikh

Interesting info...hmmm!!!

Hope you don't mind I cross posted this on the MTBR board?
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

Super -

The one thing that still doesn't make sense to me is how come on their website there are pictures of bunches of crank sets and not one to be found in the real world?? Ask them about that?

The other thing that I always found odd is that on their bikes they claim to manufacture there isn't a single picture of one with a propellor crankset on it. They don't even list them as an option on their build kit.

Guess, I'm still really skeptical about these guys. If you need some muscle when you visit them, drop me a line, I'm just up the hill from you in Vail.

nikh

by nikh

Xterra Racer wrote:Super -

The one thing that still doesn't make sense to me is how come on their website there are pictures of bunches of crank sets and not one to be found in the real world?? Ask them about that?

The other thing that I always found odd is that on their bikes they claim to manufacture there isn't a single picture of one with a propellor crankset on it. They don't even list them as an option on their build kit.

Guess, I'm still really skeptical about these guys. If you need some muscle when you visit them, drop me a line, I'm just up the hill from you in Vail.

Now this would be interesting - go for it guys, go get it from the horses mouth.
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!

Superlite

by Superlite

Nice! I'll do that if he needs to be hussled up. :lol: Like I said I have no clue why this dude isn't responding or giving money back or anything. Expect a post from me within a week or two about this. We'll get to the bottom of this, I'm so close.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

Florian, can you take this off of being stickey for me. Thanks