Kuota Integrated bar LIGHT AND STIFF!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spytech

by spytech

how is the kestrel pro ems sl? i know its light but how stiff is the bar?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Joel

by Joel

spytech wrote:i really do like the feel on the deda bars tho. the flat top of the handlebar, is nice, and i like the extention, but i will probably not use it. that is why i was looking at the kouta bars, they are something different.

[/url]
Attachments
Alanera.jpg
Alanera.jpg (6.22 KiB) Viewed 2083 times

Joel

by Joel

The new Deda Alanera :lol:

spytech

by spytech

for that i can just keep the deda, only difference is the front of the bar. has the weight gone down enough for me to justify a change. like the kouta bars that weight 80 grams less.

JTC

by JTC

USE is going to have some new one piece bar/stem combo out. Might be even lighter. Not on there web site yet though.
Attachments
use-atombars.jpg

spytech

by spytech

that would be cool if they are lighter. but i hope they dont feel like spaghetti. the deda bars are pretty stiff. they are just heavy.

Madone

by Madone

Intergrated top caps on stems is not only found on combo bar/stems, I'm in the process of building up a Trek Madone 5.9 and like I said above will be going for the ITM bars stem and seat post not the lightest but carbon and strong with good looks, I'm not the lightest of riders, but the all up weihgt (on paper) is just over 6800kg, which I'm well happy with, and that was allowing for current budget.
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/products.php?category=stem&action=viewdetails&id=23 is to a uk shop site showing the stem, the Unika bars ab seat post can be found there to.
I don't have a problem with the fixed stem height, I'll leave it overlong by a few mm (maybe10-20) to start with then reduce it down as I get used to the new bike, there by cutting of the excess steerer and hey presto lighter bike to boot :) , I know not everyone will want the hassle of this, but it works for me, I think closed of stems is another of those inovations that part manufactures thought we all wanted, lets hope there will always be a choice ,,,,,,,,,all comments accepted.
Jake (Madone)

JTC

by JTC

I usually do the same with my steerer. So you can't do this with an integrated top cap?

spytech

by spytech

i guess for now i will stick to my deda synapsi bars.... pretty stiff, and i already have them.

spytech

by spytech

OH OH they have the new kuota bars in stock, guy said he can sell them to me directly, 400 bucks, im thinking of taking a slight loss on my dedas and getting these? what do you guys think?