isi bb. is it time for a new one or this one is deffective.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

roca rule

by roca rule

i have been ridding a scott with an isis bb and zipps 300 but the chainrings are rubbing my fd. to solve this i tighten the bolts and sure enogh it staightens it out but about 10-20 mile into a ride when i start to sprint or mash there is the rubbing again. i am running an fsa megaquad ti bb with the stock bolts is there another bb around the same weight at a lower price that i could buy. or is there a way to solve this problem with out buying anything.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

holycao86

by holycao86

are the bolts actually working themselves loose? if you have to retighten it, then just try putting some locktite on the threads.

Megaclocker

by Megaclocker

roca rule wrote:i have been ridding a scott with an isis bb and zipps 300 but the chainrings are rubbing my fd. to solve this i tighten the bolts and sure enogh it staightens it out but about 10-20 mile into a ride when i start to sprint or mash there is the rubbing again. i am running an fsa megaquad ti bb with the stock bolts is there another bb around the same weight at a lower price that i could buy. or is there a way to solve this problem with out buying anything.

Tight those bolt with a real allen wrench and not a multi tool.

Loctight might work, but if you need glue to hold it together it's because something is wrong.

Crank or BB splines are probably damaged and are not making a tight fit like they are supposed to.

If you are considering a new BB, look at the American Classic 8)

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

Juanmoretime wrote:...
I'm not to crazy about the Locktite suggestion. If your using alloy crank bolts this could be a recipe for disaster as in stripped bolts.

Nothing wrong with blue loctite and alloy bolts. All you need is a single drop on those bolts and they should be fine. There could be some machining errors which are causing the bolts to lossen, or maybe they weren't tight enough in the first place and damaged the rings and now will always come loose without some extra holding power.

Of course the BB could be the cause of vibrations which are loosening the bolts which will require a replacement. The point is, don't be afraid to use blue loctite if for some reason you need to.

roca rule

by roca rule

well the bb was given to me with a few miles on it. and yes the bolts are chro-mo. will the lcktite permanently glue the bolt.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

roca rule

by roca rule

besides the american classic is there any other option that are around the same weight at a cheaper price. i want durability and weight second and finally affordable. and if possible quick release bolts.