What happened to the Lew Customer Service thread that was 17

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

yourdaguy

by yourdaguy

What happened to the Lew Customer Service thread that was 17 pages long? I Lew threatening to sue or something? He needs to spend his money giving refunds to those who paid good money up front for empty promises.
For certain parts stiffer is more important than lighter.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

J-Nice

by J-Nice

You can't sue someone for telling the truth, and there was nothing slanderous said about Lew or his company.

Maybe it was the part about him partnering with that other carbon company who makes wheels, and all the awesome expertise he will bring to the table(insert sarcastic smirk HERE).

But if it was, those comments could easily of been deleted and the rest left up.
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

Gold Knight

by Gold Knight

or maybe he got is $$$ back from LEW and they decided to delete the complaint! :shock:

ok---NOT!!!!

yourdaguy

by yourdaguy

This looks like Reynolds has somehow talked the board into being a censor since I doubt that Lew has much influence here. As I said in the now missing topic, I have always liked Reynolds stuff, but I can refrain from buying Reynolds stuff in the future.

I am also dissapointed that the board is censoring legitimate topics that should not be censored.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Assumptions are the mother of all Fcuk ups.

Stop assuming. We decided to move it to the forum bin.

End of story.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

yourdaguy

by yourdaguy

So the difference between deleted and the forum bin is????
The difference between censored and the forum bin is???
The difference between we decided and we put it to a vote is???

So we are supposed to believe that you got up today and said "I think I will kill a topic which one will it be?? and as the day progressed you randomly pick this one.

maquisard

by maquisard

Agreed, this requires a bit more explanation than saying you simply decided to move the post to the 'forum bin' Frankie.

Anyway, Lew's reputation now preceeds him. Especially whenever you consider that anyone who is likely to be interested in buying products from his 'business' will most likely be a frequent visitor to WW.

I'm not saying you should allow libelous or defamatory postings to remain in place unchallenged, but blind censorship is wrong.

Starter

by Starter

Mods need less to do.

I've always been of the opinion that mods should act only when the majority of a community ask them to. If the community is happy with flame-wars or spam (not that I'm saying the Lew thread was either), then so be it. If the community objects, only then should a mod practice a policy of deleting offending posts, threads, users, etc. Kind of like the police. The police don't make the laws- the community does, and they enforce them.

The Lew thread (while a few flames were present) failed to offend anyone, except, perhaps, Lew. It was a topic the majority of the community wanted to discuss. If people want to continue the debate into 20, 40, or 100 pages, then a mod has no business tampering with that.

As things stand, it's a bit 1984. Nothing against you Frankie. From what others say, you seem to be a pretty good guy... although the avatar is a bit condescending.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Frankie - B wrote:We decided to move it to the forum bin.

Ahhh. You moved it to /dev/null.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

I like being here because the mods don't suffer trolls and sh!theads that do nothing for a community but stir trouble...

That said, I think it would be fair if a better explanation for the decision were given.

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

I don't see what was wrong with that discussion either.

garysol1
Shop Owner

by garysol1

last time I looked this is a privately owned forum. No where does it say this is a democracy. If the forum owner decided that the thread should be gone it is not our place to question it. We are visitors in HIS house and should abide by HIS decisions.
Emonda SLR
Kona JTS
Specialized AWOL
Trek Stache 9.7
Specialized Fatboy

Arky

by Arky

I do not think we are a community as much as I think we are guests with the privilege to post on this forum. If the representatives of the forum owner decide to delete a thread, then so be it. If you do not like it, choose an alternative.

Starter

by Starter

garysol1 wrote:last time I looked this is a privately owned forum. No where does it say this is a democracy. If the forum owner decided that the thread should be gone it is not our place to question it. We are visitors in HIS house and should abide by HIS decisions.

Arky wrote:I do not think we are a community as much as I think we are guests with the privilege to post on this forum. If the representatives of the forum owner decide to delete a thread, then so be it. If you do not like it, choose an alternative

Our thoughts and opinions drive the forum. Without them, advertising dollars from the banner ads just sort of... go away. When you create a space for people to offer up their thoughts and opinions freely, asking only that they conduct themselves respectfully and stay on-topic, then the freedom to discuss anything within these parameters is inferred. At least in countries with a healthy respect for freedom of speech.

You two seem to think it's rude or improper to question this site's policy. Remember, it is the users who shape this site every bit as much as the owner and mods. Without our input, this would be a very different place indeed. We've gotten so much from this site... don't we owe it to the people who run it to speak up when we feel a decision or new policy is wrong?
Last edited by Starter on Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

There's, to some degree, the reasonable expectation of community consideration regardless of ownership.
Last edited by CharlesM on Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com