Its official...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Joel

by Joel

He had Lightweight wheels, I think. And he used the old ergopower hoods. The rest was standard I think, but you never know ... the outside isn't the inside

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobalou

by bobalou

Joel wrote:He had Lightweight wheels, I think. And he used the old ergopower hoods. The rest was standard I think, but you never know ... the outside isn't the inside

OK, found the article on his bike here:

http://www.velonews.com/tour2003/tech/a ... 637.0.html

danielgillett

by danielgillett

A source has informed me that, in fact, T-Mobile are riding De Rosa's.

De Rosa, one of the finest Italian handcrafted bicycles :-). This is definitely better than a made in Taiwan hunk of Crap.

The next issue is getting Jan out of Shimano Dura-Ace. Campagnolo Record is what he needs (and probably prefers).

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

i'm gonna have to call BS on that one guy (by the way nice job cropping the Giants out of that photo) There is a huge article on Giant and T-mobile in the new issue of Cycle Sport. Maybe next season, but for '04 theres a guarantee that they're on giants.

Superlite

by Superlite

Yeah, I agree with 520. There is NO WAY there riding De Rosas. That is one of the STUPIDEST things I have ever heard.

The way I see it there are three possibilities here

1.) Your "source" is full of crap, and your pretty stupid for beleiving your "source". Sorry, but it's true.

2.) You think they are de rosas, for some stupid reason.

3.) Your making this whole thing up, and your full of it.

Sorry for being harsh, but that is a stupid statement you made, and you insult the fourm by writing something so blatently inncorrect.

I doubt Giant would be paying hundreds of thousands of dollars in sponsership and equipment only to have them ride another brand. Get a life.

And incase you really think they are riding de rosas, here's an article with Erik Zabel talking about his "De Rosa".

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=1923

And heres a link with the new bikes.

http://www.giantbicycles.com/us/000.000.000/000.003.000.asp?lArticleID=11310&lMagazineID=8

Dude, your an idiot. Sad but true.

bobalou

by bobalou

@superlite

Thanks for the post and the link. That's a great article (so far!) from Pezcycling .. I'm looking forward to the 2nd part which is suppose to post tomorrow. At any rate, there's no doubt he rides a Giant on the team.

Whassup with people dissin the Giants on this board? I've heard nothing but praise from the people I know that own them, particularly the TCR 0.

Tim the Pineapple

by Tim the Pineapple

lol De Rosa's... :D

limba

by limba

They'll be riding Giants in 2004 and I'll be riding one in 2005. :D

danielgillett

by danielgillett

I doubt Giant would be paying hundreds of thousands of dollars in sponsership and equipment only to have them ride another brand. Get a life.

You would be suprised at how many team who are sponsored by a bike company on't actually use their brand.

Giant is a company who sell a lot more bikes in the low-end market - Tell me why people like Jan Ullrich, Alexandre Vinokourov, Erik Zabel would drop from high-end Bianchi's and Pinarello's to the low-end Giant?

One of the main reasons for using another company's bike, but puting different decals on it, is Marketing. In order to market the brand, they will sponsor the best of riders, but the best of riders need quality bikes, and if they don't make quality bikes, they turn to other companies.

So what would people expect T-Mobile do with the Giant Sponsorship? Put stickers on their "Giant TCR"

Dan

Joel

by Joel

Ever seen a Giant TCR Composite? They are some of the best frames on the market. The Bianchis are just expensive, light but very weak frames.
I know which frame to choose.

Superlite

by Superlite

Danielgillet wrote
You would be suprised at how many team who are sponsored by a bike company on't actually use their brand.

Giant is a company who sell a lot more bikes in the low-end market - Tell me why people like Jan Ullrich, Alexandre Vinokourov, Erik Zabel would drop from high-end Bianchi's and Pinarello's to the low-end Giant?

One of the main reasons for using another company's bike, but puting different decals on it, is Marketing. In order to market the brand, they will sponsor the best of riders, but the best of riders need quality bikes, and if they don't make quality bikes, they turn to other companies.

So what would people expect T-Mobile do with the Giant Sponsorship? Put stickers on their "Giant TCR"

Dude, you need to just shut up about this thing. Riders that do have different frames then the brand there sponsered with are usually like a time trial frame, or just with one rider or two riders do it, not a whole team. In the case with T Mobile everyone will be riding TCR composites.

Once rode them, Beloki rode one. IMAGINE THAT! They must definatly be crap then!

This isn't a case where a team is riding Litespeeds with different logos. You don't know what your talking about.

Making crap up isn't a good way to start out.

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Superlite wrote:
Danielgillet wrote

Dude, you need to just shut up about this thing. Riders that do have different frames then the brand there sponsered with are usually like a time trial frame, or just with one rider or two riders do it, not a whole team. In the case with T Mobile everyone will be riding TCR composites.

Once rode them, Beloki rode one. IMAGINE THAT! They must definatly be crap then!

This isn't a case where a team is riding Litespeeds with different logos. You don't know what your talking about.

Making crap up isn't a good way to start out.

I'd love to know who made the Ti Giant's Jalabert and Olano had at one point though.
Ride lightly!

JTC

by JTC

Superlight your words are a little harsh arn't they? There is going to be an easy way to solve this. Just check out the frame that Ullrich rides when racing really starts again. It will be very obvious if he is not on a Giant. With their slopping geometry and the design of the frame, they are easy to pick out regardless of what name is on it. I do agree though the whole team would not be on a different manufacturers frame, only a number of the top riders i.e. Ullrich.

Superlite

by Superlite

I'd love to know who made the Ti Giant's Jalabert and Olano had at one point though.

Probley Litespeed, but T- Mobile is riding the TCR!!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

speruffo

by speruffo

Hi guys, take a look to the Jan's TT bike . . . . the same walser ... :lol: :lol:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... rothers1_1