Its official...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Perry

by Perry

You would be suprised at how many team who are sponsored by a bike company on't actually use their brand.

think you got this a bit wrong NO bike company (who makes their own bikes) would let their pros ride another bike if they are paying for it even if it´s painted in "their" color (exeptions are Festina/Peugeot where some riders/stars rode Litespeed ti frames probably becouse Peugeot couldnt make a decent race rig if their life depended on it)
the point is that 99% of the pro riders JUST DONT CARE (notabel exeptions are Zabel,Pantani,Cipolini,Chiappucci) they have got free bikes every year since they started to ride bikes it´s more important that they can pedal as fast as possible than what they pedal on

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

speruffo wrote:Hi guys, take a look to the Jan's TT bike . . . . the same walser ... :lol: :lol:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... rothers1_1

LOok again, its last years Giant TT frame, not a walser. The stem is an adjustable Giant Stem, they look similar, but look at the head tube, def. Giant. Besides, all you can see is the top tube, head tube and bars, all of which are definitly not walser.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

speruffo

by speruffo

Maybe you're right . . . the headtube is the same as giant TT frame, I was confused about de top tube, because it doesn't sloop . . ., but the bike are without front wheel, so you're right . . . . :oops: :oops: :shock:

danielgillett

by danielgillett

520 Dan said:
LOok again, its last years Giant TT frame, not a walser. The stem is an adjustable Giant Stem, they look similar, but look at the head tube, def. Giant. Besides, all you can see is the top tube, head tube and bars, all of which are definitly not walser.

The Giant TT Frame is not a walser - If you noticed, we were discussing the Ullrich's "Bianchi" TT Bike being a Walser, which it is.

Dan

Superlite

by Superlite

Dude, Dan 520 knows it was a relabeled Bianchi, he just mistyped in Giant.

Remember, your the one who said that T- Mobile is riding De Rosa's, and started this mess. I wouldn't be one to talk. :wink:

KB

by KB

TCR's against Italian thoroughbreds. I was reluctant at first until my local bikeshop strongly recommended them. He and most of the staff had them. They had switched from Colnago's etc. The reason: Giant build great bikes for the money. So, there should be no need for Jan not to ride one and they are not low rent as someone suggested. People used to turn their noses up at Raleigh's: mass produced crap being the cry. But what people didn't realise is that their Special Products Division used to make some beautiful frames of very high quality.

I had my TCR changed from matt to glossy finish. I was told by someone not to do this as the shiny surface would show up all the TCR's weave imperfections. Guess what: I couldn't find any. They are extremely well made frames and mine is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden.

Would Manolo have allowed his ONCE boys to ride on crap? I don't think so. Also they did not all ride standard sizes, there was custom geometry for Beloki and the other 'hitters'.

Joel

by Joel

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id= ... news/jan29
Look here more pictures of their new standard bikes

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

Joel wrote:http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2004/news/jan29
Look here more pictures of their new standard bikes

Thanks for the link!

Personally I don't like the flame paintjob - together with the sloping geometry it looks like they're riding on urban/dirt/dual/you-know-what-I-mean bikes and not on road bikes. :(

Interesting details:
An XTR seatpost on a road bike - too much sloping for a regular road post? :lol:
And why those uncut steerer tubes with spacer turrets?
I guess the riders are still trying to find a comfortable position on the new sloping frames. :?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id= ... 9/img_1239

okr

by okr

You know this is the t-mobile woman`s team bike?

Superlite

by Superlite

You know this is the t-mobile woman`s team bike?

I'm pretty sure both men's and womens T- Mobile bikes are identical in spec.

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

okr wrote:You know this is the t-mobile woman`s team bike?

Oops, you're right, I just looked at the pics of the bikes, now I read it and looked at the team photo, sorry! :oops: :D
But the paintjob still doesn't look very elegant IMHO. ;)

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Florian wrote:

Oops, you're right, I just looked at the pics of the bikes, now I read it and looked at the team photo, sorry! :oops: :D
But the paintjob still doesn't look very elegant IMHO. ;)

It's shades of "Easy Rider" and Raleigh Choppers.
Ride lightly!

Perry

by Perry

and they look a whole lot better than those germs... :lol:

and wouldnt Jan look a bit more human with that flame job on his bike....

KB

by KB

The flame paint job looks cheap and crappy. Why couldn't they go for plain black, it looks much classier. Sorry to upset anyone, but the only colours for a bike - black, white, silver (titanium). You can wear whatever kit you want and it looks right.

Cyco

by Cyco

I dont mind the flame paint jobs, especially for the girls bikes, its hard to get a good pink paint scheme, Pinarello had lots of gos at it and never got them to look any better than ordinary.

Anyway KB, red ones are faster;)
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com