Lew Racing at Interbike?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

andy2
in the industry

by andy2

Hi Adrien,

No, you are not promoting them here but you are doing so on your site.

I have been VERY satisfied with your level service and the quality of your product,
I would recommend you to any and all of my cycling friends and I will buy wheels from you in the future,
people that have dealt directly with Lew are less satisfied however.

You are making them appear legit in the eyes of me the consumer by associating your good name with theirs.
Also by having them appear alongside seriously run companies on your blog it is implied that they are actually sending products in return for money,
or responding to emails, or honoring warranties.
Simple as that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

morephyous

by morephyous

Chasing Dreams wrote:I believe Stefan is mad about you writing articles about Lew. It's like the ADA/LightWeight thing all over again except that Stefan is now filling the shoes of ADA.

Stefan is LW.

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

andy2 wrote:Well, he just changed the page, five-ten minutes ago, and removed the Lew promo along with Stefans response/correction.

Stefan's reply is still there, but the part he replied to seems to have been deleted a while ago, it wasn't there yesterday either.

andy2
in the industry

by andy2

2wheels link with the nude rims worked this morning.
I stand corrected on Stefans response though, sorry about that!

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

i don't think anyone is implying that stefan is jealous of lew.

Danton

by Danton

This thread is getting a bit weird. So they're not at Interbike. But they have a deal with Ritchey. Some have good customer experiences, some have bad customer experiences. The rims are light. That's about all we know!

Adrien
WWotY 2007

by Adrien

Stefan comment actually was on 26th of September at 4am european time.
I deleted the Lew nude rims as soon as I read Lew didn't have a booth there.
So Lew nude rims was not visible from the 26th of September in the morning. You can't have read on my website this new after the 26th in the morning.

Hi Adrien,

No, you are not promoting them here but you are doing so on your site.

I have been VERY satisfied with your level service and the quality of your product,
I would recommend you to any and all of my cycling friends and I will buy wheels from you in the future,
people that have dealt directly with Lew are less satisfied however.

You are making them appear legit in the eyes of me the consumer by associating your good name with theirs.
Also by having them appear alongside seriously run companies on your blog it is implied that they are actually sending products in return for money,
or responding to emails, or honoring warranties.
Simple as that.

Thank you for the comment about my work. I hope you ride the wheels daily! :)
I understand about Lew, and I hope they can make the things clear soon.
It is not within my competence to explain their work.

Alfie

by Alfie

I do not want to throw oil on this fire, but has anyone noticed the strange wheelcombo that Jeannie Longo used this WC?

http://www.grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedoc ... 8worldsWrr

mythical

by mythical

Lightweight and Lew on the same bike! The woman has balls! :lol:

Irish

by Irish

Thought wheels had to have 16+ spokes in mass start UCI events?(these look like 12 spoke)

Danton

by Danton

Irish wrote:Thought wheels had to have 16+ spokes in mass start UCI events?(these look like 12 spoke)

Her bike looks like it's 6,0 kg too

gumgardner

by gumgardner

mythical wrote:The woman has balls! :lol:

Let's try and keep doping out of the conversation :wink:

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

Irish wrote:Thought wheels had to have 16+ spokes in mass start UCI events?(these look like 12 spoke)

No, they just need to be UCI approved if they have rims higher than 2.5 cm and/or fewer than 16 spokes and/or spoke thicknesses of over 2.4 mm.
Leighweight 12-spoke Generation II wheels happens to be on the list of UCI approved non-standard wheeels. Generation 3 wheels are however not on the list in 12-spoke version.

http://uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/getObject ... d=MzUyMjk&
Non-standard wheels in conformity with article 1.3.018:

Article 1.3.018 relates only to massed start races.

In this type of event, the riders generally use standard (conventional) wheels which are clearly defined in article 1.3.018. These wheels are authorised de facto.

However, during races in packs, certain riders do use non-standard wheels (rims higher than 2.5 cm, fewer than 16 spokes, spoke thicknesses of over 2.4 mm). If any of these conditions is noted, the wheel is deemed to be a non-standard wheel and must have passed a break test in order for it to be authorised for use in competition.

The manufacturers inform the UCI of the names of wheels which have been successfully tested. The names of these wheels are shown in the list below. The wheels can therefore be clearly identified. If this is not the case then the wheel is not authorised for use.

Carbonsports
- Light Weight by Carbonsports – Modèle Ventoux (20 rayons / spokes)
- Lightweight Obermayer 12 Gen. II
- Lightweight Obermayer 16 Gen. II
- Lightweight Obermayer 20 Gen. II
- Lightweight Standard 12 Gen. II
- Lightweight Standard 16 Gen. II
- Lightweight Standard 20 Gen. II
- Lightweight Standard 16 Gen. III (16, 20 rayons / spokes)

Dierl
- Light Weight Carbon Fiber (20 rayons / spokes)

Rasmus
Administrator

by Rasmus

nikh wrote:Lew had a couple of wheelsets on a booth. I forget which. But on one side of the stand was Lightweight and the other side Lew. Interesting to compare. I don't know if Rasmus got a photo?

No, unfortunately I didn't get a photo of that. It was one of the booths right across the aisle from Lynskey though. They had two LEW wheelsets - one tubular with carbon spokes, and one with tune hubs - and it was the only place I saw LEW at IB. Honestly I was kind of disappointed not to see more of LEW. EDGE definitely won the 'bikes with our wheels'-contest this time.
- Papa R. Fresh

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

it was the ochsner booth. However, Ochsner didnt have much information about the wheels either LEW or LW. The wheels were just kind of in the corner with no one around