Just some simple advice

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ivan

by Ivan

Euhm hi,

Planning to buy my first roadbike (after 1 xc mtb) but i cannot make a choice. Its between the trek 2300, koga fullpro s or koga fullpro carbon (check www.koga.com). What do u guys think of the frames and/or wheels and/or fork ? Just need advise becuase i am very inexperienced with roadbikes.

Thx a lot

popawheelie

by popawheelie

Hi, Just from looking at your choices the Koga seems like a more unique choice. Lots of people will be on Trek but I've never heard of Koga. Do you come from an area where they make Koga or some other local frame? When you do you suport them and can have a more personal relationship with the builder. Just my thoughts. :roll: :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ivan

by Ivan

yep
me from belgium and koga is from the netherlands (never heard of Leontien Van Moorsel ? female cyclist from the netherlands)

popawheelie

by popawheelie

I've heard of Van Moorsel. I'm not an avid fan of racing. I just like bikes and riding them. Alot of treks here in the U.S.. They make a good bike. There's just alot of them.

Ivan

by Ivan

What about the wheels and fork ?? What's the weight of a 2300 frameset any idea ??

popawheelie

by popawheelie

Go to the listings at the top of the page! :roll: :roll:

Joel

by Joel

You want to spend 2500-2700 euro, but how much costs the frame?
Where do you live in Belgium?

Joel

by Joel

Some ideas: New Campa chorus, Ritchey WCS stem + handlebar, SLR saddle, USE seat post, speed play pedals, Record hidden set, wheels: CX-Ray spokes + Record hubs + Mavic open pro rims. This would be quite light at an affordable prices.

Ivan

by Ivan

I live in Leuven
Not planning to buy a naked frame but a complete bike and then make a few modifications.

Superlite

by Superlite

Check out Fuji bikes, some of the lightest off the shelf bikes in the world, especially the Team superlite, 15 pounds stock, includes FSA Team issue cranks, American classic 350 sprint wheels( the new 2004 aero model), and some other light stuff, and can easily be made lighter. At $2100 you cant go wrong.

http://www.fujibikes.com/road/bike.asp? ... =2&yr=2004

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com