AX Lightness Endurance Basic or Tune Concorde

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jmh

by jmh

I am looking for a COMFORTABLE and light weight saddle. I have narrowed it down to the AX Lightness Endurance Basic or the Tune Concorde. I weigh 157 to 160 lbs (71 to 73 kgs) and am with in the weight limit of both. I would like something that is comfortable for 4 to 5 hour rides.

I hade done a search and read several pages of results. Any new thoughts on these two saddles?

I will pair the saddle with a new seatpost New Ultimate, m2racer or perhaps a custom build. Any known compatiablity issues with these posts?

Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spytech

by spytech

the Tune concorde has been upgraded, so i would go with the concorde. lighter and everyone says it more comfortable because of the way its made/shape.

jmh

by jmh

When was the Tune upgraded and did the upgrade address some of the early cracking issues?
I don't want to be a test rider on a $300 saddle.

spytech

by spytech

jmh wrote:When was the Tune upgraded and did the upgrade address some of the early cracking issues?
I don't want to be a test rider on a $300 saddle.

the upgrade was to address the early cracking issues :wink:
the weight of the sadddle has also been upgrade to around 47 - 49g could be as high as 51g. still very light, i would take the slightly heavier one if you are at or close to the limit. right now i am at 162lbs so i am good with this saddle. thinking about getting one.

BikeTech

by BikeTech

I own a Tune Concorde and an AX-Lightness Sprint. Of the two, I prefer the AX, only because I like the feel of the Ax.

The Tune Concorde saddle is a good deal 'cushier' but they are both great saddles. As there is a good weight saving between the two I will probably give the Tune another try. My Tune came in at 48 grams.

mises

by mises

Depends on your posterior. If the shape isn't right for you it won't matter how flexible it is after 4 hours. I prefer the Endurance shape over either the Tune Concorde or AX Phoenix, though both of those are more shock absorbing.

spytech

by spytech

mises wrote:Depends on your posterior. If the shape isn't right for you it won't matter how flexible it is after 4 hours. I prefer the Endurance shape over either the Tune Concorde or AX Phoenix, though both of those are more shock absorbing.

thanks, that is something to consider. i hated my SLR seat, but it was HARD.

mises

by mises

I also hated the SLR, largely because the triangular section at the rear was raised in the middle and after a couple hours felt to me like a visit to the proctologist. Probably why I like the Endurance since it's indented instead.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com