** Anyone Know the Answer? GIANT riders?**

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

by HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

What exact type of Giant TCR Carbon '03 fork is pictured on the Giant Showbike in the lightweight Road Bike Articles section of this site... I'm looking for the same fork, but need to know the exact model... I apologize in advance for my ignorance; I'm not a Rodie :)

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/articles.php?ID=65
BILL NIKO, YOU WILL NOT EVER BE FORGOTTEN.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobalou

by bobalou

I've always assumed it came of the stock 03 TCR .. think that's exactly what it is.

HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

by HOWMUCHDOESITWEIGH?

Are there not a number of 'TCR' models... like TCR 0, TCR 1... composite models, aluminium models etc... I need a precise model, as one Giant TCR '03 carbon fork that I found did not look like the one pictured...
BILL NIKO, YOU WILL NOT EVER BE FORGOTTEN.

bobalou

by bobalou

Just curious, is there some reason you have to have that exact fork? There's probably some others you could use that would be even lighter for one thing .. although I'd be careful about rake. I have never really checked into it but it seems to me the only difference between some of the TCR forks of that same year is a carbon or alloy steering tube. I've got the zero and it has a carbon steering tube.

If you absolutely must know maybe contact a site admin and see if they know how to get hold of Sicco Derks .. I"m sure he'd know. :)

René

by René

I think this is the fork u search.

GCT Road Fork
The all-new GCT road fork uses the optimal combination of aerodynamic shape, weight and strength.

The standard 1:4 aerodynamic shape as used on our composite seat post is not used for the fork as the turbulence from the wheels and spokes alters the airflow. Instead the composite fork is designed with a slight oval shape for stable cornering, while the 1:2.3 width-to-breadth ratio retains high aerodynamic efficiency.

U can also have a look at the http://www.giantbicycle.com/ homepage.

The fork is also in the 2005 TCR Compostite 1
http://www.giantbicycle.com/nl/030.000.000/030.000.000.asp?model=10090
(The link is to the dutch part of the giant site.)

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

From what I know he used his own fork for this. try sending Florian an email requesting his [sicco Derks] mail adress.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com