Mura bicycles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lightdude

by lightdude

So, has everyone seen the link? 4500 grams and the bike is fitted with campy ergo shifters...theoretically, with some changes (like those of the '04 spec bike of christian) could that bike take off 300 grams and beat that light bike world record? Is sum 4k around the corner? Talk amongst yourselves, and then get back to me.

dan

by dan

Well, if we're talking theoretically, if you took a shallow rim reynolds composite KOM (cirroco?) and broke the wheel down, used the 220gm rim on good hubs and spokes, you'd lose at least 150gm, plus a AX saddle/post combo and theres another 45 grams maybe, so 200 easy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Joel

by Joel

dan wrote:Well, if we're talking theoretically, if you took a shallow rim reynolds composite KOM (cirroco?) and broke the wheel down, used the 220gm rim on good hubs and spokes, you'd lose at least 150gm, plus a AX saddle/post combo and theres another 45 grams maybe, so 200 easy.

The frame is lighter than the world record bike, so the setup makes the difference. but in my opininion, the mura is ready to race and the world record bike is good to see but no to ride with

giovanni

by giovanni

Hey lightdude where can I see a picture of that mura, and is there some where to buy this set up?
Thank's in advance.
Giovanni.

nikh

by nikh

PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!

giovanni

by giovanni

Thank you very much niKh for the quik response.
Giovanni.

Core 22

by Core 22

Uh, the front hub is with 32 holes but with only 16 spokes and radial (don't know if this is the correct English word: the spokes are not crossed). Don't think that this wheel has a high durability.

Some weights are not 100% right: Schmolke Carbon 128g? (maybe tuned?); AX-Lightness Saddle 48g?

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Couple things...First, I definitly agree that the World Record bike is not race ready, while the mura may be.

second, the front wheel on the mura is radial laced 16 spoke wheel, but because of the depth of the zipp rim, this could be relatively durable depending on rider weight and use, so I don't think thats a factor.

Finally, Light dude asked whether or not we would see sub 4k weights...I think that may be possible, especially if all the rumors about lightweight or ADA 800 gm wheels are true, that would drop about 200 grams from the wheelset alone.

Any thoughts?

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

Core 22 wrote:Uh, the front hub is with 32 holes but with only 16 spokes and radial (don't know if this is the correct English word: the spokes are not crossed). Don't think that this wheel has a high durability.

It shouldn't be much less than a regular 16 spoke wheel with a real 16 hole hub.

Core 22 wrote:Some weights are not 100% right: Schmolke Carbon 128g? (maybe tuned?); AX-Lightness Saddle 48g?

That's possible. I guess he begs the manufacturers to do cherry-picking or they're manufactured for him with the least possible material.

nikh

by nikh

I know he tunes his own (bought) parts so perhaps he has altered it in some way.
We need him to participate in this website!!

Edited to say: Just emailed him to see if he will contribute.

Core 22

by Core 22

@nikh: Yeah I know, but he wrote on his webpage, that every part, he had tuned is signed with a "*".

@Florian: Core 22 wrote:
Uh, the front hub is with 32 holes but with only 16 spokes and radial (don't know if this is the correct English word: the spokes are not crossed). Don't think that this wheel has a high durability.

It shouldn't be much less than a regular 16 spoke wheel with a real 16 hole hub.

But a 32 hole hub is built for 32 spokes. For a wheel with only 16 spokes the tension on every spoke has to be twice as high as it had to be for a 32 spoke wheel. I think the holes in the hub break out faster (or is everything I wrote wrong?). I know that Smolik wrote that it's possible but I can't believe this.

PS: I hope everyone's able to understand my bad English, sorry!!! 8)

nikh

by nikh

Maybe he forgot to asterix it or like Florian said, he had it tuned by the supplier.

P.S. Your English is better than most native English speaking people such as myself :wink:

Core 22

by Core 22

:shock: Wow! Never thought you're speaking so bad (just joking :wink: )

PS: What does "to asterix" mean? I only know the comic :) .

PSPS: I know it's a strange avatar, but I only have avatars from animes :?. But better than nothing and I loved Saber Rider when I was young ...hm I think I'm still loving it

nikh

by nikh

Asterix = *

OK put it this way then your English is far better than my German :)

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

Core 22 wrote:But a 32 hole hub is built for 32 spokes. For a wheel with only 16 spokes the tension on every spoke has to be twice as high as it had to be for a 32 spoke wheel. I think the holes in the hub break out faster (or is everything I wrote wrong?). I know that Smolik wrote that it's possible but I can't believe this.

The spoke tension is about the same, it's the load on each spoke that is twice as high as on a 32 spoke wheel.

An asterisk is a symbolized star: *

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com