TCR headset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Auk

by Auk

Having a hellish time trying to find a replacement headset for a carbon TCR frame that I've aquired. Frame came without the headset, so it is not a matter of just pulling the old and matching it up. I've tried three different models of the IS headsets and none get me any closer.

Helpful hints?
Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Griswald4x4

by Griswald4x4

When I bought mine (forever ago now) I think it came with an FSA IS headset. It seemed pretty standard to me. Which hsets have you tried so far?
Superflies!

rward325

by rward325

Mine is definitely FSA

headset FSA Integrated, cartridge bearings

tuba

by tuba

I replaced my bearings on a 07' TCR advandced and bought a Full Speed Ahead Orbit IS Carbon Integrated Headset with the 10 mm top cap. (blue seal bearings) The bearings were the same as the ones I replaced.

hope this helps

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

This may be obvious, but when I had a TCR Carbon it had an aluminum bearing seat that was removable... and didn't come installed on the frame I had (came packaged with the headset). You might want to check its present on your frame...
The headset itself was a regular IS headset - I don't think there are any major varieties to this are there? ie Don't all IS headsets have the same bearing specs regardless of manufacturer?