Under 6 kg...thats the plan

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

HäddaFahn

by HäddaFahn

Hiya guys! :D

I enjoyed to read some posts here and well..you call me an owner of a brand new Scott Cr1 Team Issue frameset size m. :P
I took the Aero fork, cause the other one is a little to weak for my taste.

Anyway...if its ready, i think i can get it under 6kg with decend parts.

First decision is to use campy parts...the new dura ace is definitly not my taste.

A friend of mine got the team issue FSA cranks and i prefer the new 2004 campy cranks. BB is of course campy too.
Stem will be syntace F99 combined with the schmolke carbon bandlebar.

Seatpost will be a Schmolke (looks like the one from tune) but its made of carbon and not alloy. Its not on the list, but i had it in my hands and it IS light.
Cables will be Nokon and bottle cage tune Wasserträger.
Ohh well wheels...for sure lightweights but i got to wait for them 13 month ...sigh the two old guys in Munich are not the fastest ...hehe.

I thought about some other parts but i want to race with that bike and dont want to listen to some clicks and clacks from some bike parts under hard use.

I think it will be under 6 kg ..what yu guys think?
And what yu guys think bout that frame?

Greets from Germany ! ! 8)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Core 22

by Core 22

If you have enough money, you could chose the new AX-Lightness parts: brand new brakes, seat post and saddle (sprint for sure, about 5 gr lighter than the endurance :wink: ). The rest is nearly perfect. Especially nice wheel set.

by Guest

BB FRM Ti
Seat: SLR or lighter
Seat post clamp: Extralite Ultra Clamp
Bottle cages: Tune
Brakes: FRM or carbon
Derailleurs: Record
Cassette: some Aluminium
Chain: Record C10
Pedals: Speedplay
wheels: FRM or Tune hubs with Zipp 360 rims (The 280 is too weak) and
Sapim CX-Ray spokes
Skewers: FRM/ Extralite or Tune
Tubulars: Continental (if you want to race with, Tufo if you wan't your bike as light as possible)
I think this will be around 6.5kg

by Guest

Just some very expensive ideas:
BB: Perhaps Soul Kozak or Tune with ceramic bearings :shock:
Seat & seat post combo: AX Lightness
Seat post clamp: B-T-P Carbon
Bottle cages: Tune or B-T-P
Brakes: AX or Cat-usa
Cassette: Tiso
Skewers: Tune Skyline edition

HäddaFahn

by HäddaFahn

Tune seatpost is fine. Clamp will be extralight ultra.
I heard that the Schmolke handlebar got no "line" for the cablestuff. I want to use Nokon for sure...so anyone knows if there can be a problem?
Tune Wassertrager are nice too.
Maybe it wont get under 6 kg...but 6.5 kg will be nice too.

Anyone knows what the weight is of the new campy carbon cranks?

cya :P

HäddaFahn

by HäddaFahn

Thx ...i just visited the campy homepage...its there too..

The weight of the new group is pretty nice.
Its about 2000 gr. Thats pretty solid and i like the new crank and the brakes in black color. Too bad the carbon crank isnt available in 177,5 mm...

Interesting, that the japanese guys didnt through a carbon crank on the market too...

Superlite

by Superlite

Not really when you think about it. Shimano specializes in forging alloys, and they always have. Back in the 50's before they were making bike parts they specialized in alloys. Who knows though, maybe there next generation 6-8 years from now will have carbon in it. :)

by Guest

If you want a 177.5 mm cranck buy the FRM alu crancks: 690g with chainrings and BB

Superlite

by Superlite

Where did you find the Scott C1? I've been looking everywhere for one. How much did it cost? Thanks

HäddaFahn

by HäddaFahn

Its available here since may. Dunno when it comes to USA though. Price is around 2000 Euros including fork and headset. So thats quite nice if ur looking to other so called high end stuff...

Cyco

by Cyco

With the Lightweights you should be sub 6kg (or very close). For 177.5 cranks try the FRMs with the FRM Al 135g BB...

You could also try AXs new carbon brakes when Axel has them ready, Schmolke bars AFAIK don't have cable groove, but I like the extra size the cables give (I also use 2 rolls of bar tape), I think my next one will be the TLO.

Schmolke seatpost will be nice, based on his other parts, but the AX saddle/post combination is lighter.

HäddaFahn

by HäddaFahn

Well yea the combo is lighter, but if yu found a saddle what fits your "behind", why changing that. I dont have any probs with my saddle yet (Selle Italia Oktavia) and i can sit on it for 7 hours without probs.

For sure i take the Schmolke/Syntace F99 combo. Seatpost...not quite sure yet. I got a tune right now with fitting size 31,6mm. I will use this if i cant find a better one.

GV

by GV

Check out if you can use the syntace f99 stem with the schmolke handlebar. I asked syntace and they didn't recoment using it with an ITM Millenium for example.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HäddaFahn

by HäddaFahn

I gonna ask Schmolke, he is living close to me :P
He uses the bar too and is racing with his damn little fast 5kg bike. he is a good racer btw. 8)