Campy 11 Speed -- Confirmation

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Max Gravity

by Max Gravity

I saw in a brugelman.de mail today:

"Ab sofort sind die Campa 11-fach Komponenten über uns bestellbar - voraussichtlicher Liefertermin ist der 31.10.2008!"

I think it means: Campa 11 speed is now available to order.
Preliminary delivery date 31 October 2008.

First date I have seen, but I might have missed something.

http://www.bruegelmann-shop.de/shop/det ... nr=8285317
Max Gravity, unfairly treated by gravity!

nexusheli

by nexusheli

Max Gravity wrote:I saw in a brugelman.de mail today:

"Ab sofort sind die Campa 11-fach Komponenten über uns bestellbar - voraussichtlicher Liefertermin ist der 31.10.2008!"

I think it means: Campa 11 speed is now available to order.
Preliminary delivery date 31 October 2008.

First date I have seen, but I might have missed something.

http://www.bruegelmann-shop.de/shop/det ... nr=8285317

Actually pieces are trickling out now. Some of the less scrupulous US distributors have ordered sample groups for use at Interbike and are selling them to retailers as we speak. I can already see that CampyUSA is not living up to their word that they were going to take care of distribution channel issues here in the states...
View before posting!
Pegoretti Love #3: It's here!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rustychain

by rustychain

speaking of this very thing!
I got to try the new 2009 super record group today, I had an order placed and two groupsets became available from some Campy close to the source type and my LBS somehow got one. The bad news was it was the wrong crank size for me so the mounted it on a demo and they let me give it a go. I only got a half hour on it as others were waiting and I did not get a chance to weigh anything but maybe later. I'm coming off a two year old well maintained record group btw
IMO the looks of the shifters are better then expected, comfortable and as advertised they allow better leverage/power on the brakes. The shape of the levers aid in the off the front forearms resting on the bars/hands on the hoods grip. I found the shifting very quick with less effort needed to engage the lever. I like it. The overall feel IMO was going more towards a DA feel but the hood transistion remaind flat as per campag. The rear derailuar is slick looking, feels very strurdy/stiff and works as to be expected. Cranks felt the same but for the shorter length then I prefer. Truth be told the extra gear is kind if a non issue at least on my short solo ride but in a race folloing other peoples wheels it may give some advantage. All in all I think Campag has come out with a winner. Sorry for the lack of detail but what can you truly tell on a short ride. I will post more info, I'm hoping for a ride again in a few days if the groupset does not become somebody elses before then
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan

rustychain

by rustychain

Forgot to mention that the group set was offered to me for the price of $3250 :roll:
I think i can live with the record cassette with a few more steel cogs and I will sell the brakes as I like my M5's
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

rustychain wrote:Forgot to mention that the group set was offered to me for the price of $3250 :roll:
Just think of it as a Chinese made "Italian" carbon frame with a squiggly fork and seat stays. Now it doesn't seem so expensive, does it? Or some carbon and/or boron integrated German, Dutch, or American wheels? Again, not so much in comparison, eh?

Leloby

by Leloby

We've been taking orders for 2 months now. The stuff is due in a few weeks for direct shipping to buyers in Europe from Campagnolo Italy.

I don't know what the big deal is with the big guys - probably to do with bringing it in gradually so they can get rid of their 'old' stocks. I've always thought that's a bit daft as early orders always keep customers happy.

:D

chrism

by chrism

rustychain wrote:Forgot to mention that the group set was offered to me for the price of $3250 :roll:

Blimey - that dollar of yours really is struggling. Prices from Dave Hinde advertised in this week's Cycling Weekly are £1500 for SR, £1250 for Record and £900 for Chorus. That's against their non-discounted prices of £1050 for 2008 Record and £740 for 2008 Chorus (though you can get cheaper elsewhere), so I'd suggest those prices will come down a bit once we get past pre-order frenzy.

They've also got Di2 at £1645 and 7900 at £976, though I wouldn't personally buy anything from them - google ought to tell you why.
No scales on the trails

HYPERION

by HYPERION

IF THAT HELPS:
RECORD 11 is now at 1650 EURO in Italian shops
you can get "old " record 10 spd for 1000 or less
chorus 11 is 1000 or a little less

DaveS

by DaveS

The prices quoted by places like Competitive Cyclist and Excel Sports have nothing to do with exchange rates. They are either due to blatant price gouging or the alleged insistence by the US importer that US dealers charge full MSRP. Either way, US residents can still buy from European dealers at very reasonable prices and snub the US dealers. I sent Excel an e-mail, noting that they'd get none of my Campy purchases with those prices.

At www.comobike.it, prices for 2009 SR, Record, Chorus and Centaur are 1428, 1180, 835 and 575 Euros, but there is no stock of 11 speed yet. Yesterday, the exchange rate was 1.37 dollars to 1 Euro.

This store also has fairly good prices and some stock of 11 speed parts.
http://www.bike24.com/

Total Cycling also has some 11 speed stock and reasonble prices, despite the unfavorable exchange rates.
Last edited by DaveS on Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

Centaur levers are being sold for as much as $430 by US retailers, the real price is $230 or less.

"Early adoption" tax.

I've got news for these guys, when the second wave of credit failures hits the markets, there are not going to be a a lot of $3200 groupset, $5000 wheel orders. It's over.
Google: Results 1 - 20 of about 88,500 English pages for _doping_, _cycling_ and _denies_. (0.33 seconds)

Yiannis-Super 6.

by Yiannis-Super 6.

"I've got news for these guys, when the second wave of credit failures hits the markets, there are not going to be a a lot of $3200 groupset, $5000 wheel orders. It's over"

I've been thinking the same thing since the market started tanking.
Bailout or no bailout plan.
You can see it on Ebay right now,just take a look at the auctions for PMs,high end frames,wheels,etc.
I don't see how most guys on this forum can justify some of this stuff anymore. :cry:
10 SuperSix Hi-Mod
07 System 6.
06 Caad 8
90s Merlin Extralight.

DaveS

by DaveS

The market tanking should have no effect on day to day purchases. I don't write checks or pay my credit card bill with stocks. Stocks should be long term investments, transferred to interest bearing accounts, only when you near retirement.

The market tanking is a buying opportunity. I put in $20K a few days ago (too early) and another $10K today. Maybe another $10K tomorrow. It will pay off in the long run.

I've got two Record groups on the way, purchased cheap in Europe.

Yes, I'm already retired, but my wife has four years to go. I don't expect to sell any stocks until 2015, when I'm 62.