Wait time on Lightweight Obermayers?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

userdeleted

by userdeleted

Ah they do? Since when? Thanks. I don't think I know anyone related to Javelin though and I'm not sending a resume or anything, but it's worth a shot at least.

And no it doesn't. I wonder if your last name begins with an M and ends with an R.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Michiel

by Michiel

I know the site of Carbonsports says 80 kg for Obermayers.

But if you ask Tune (who makes the rearhub MAG 160 used by Lightweight) which limit there is for the MAG 160 they will say 70-75 kg.
And if you consider Lightweight even tuned this hub to about 145 gr I beleive the weightlimit goes down another 5 kg. If it wouldn't affect the weightlimit Tune would have done it already, believe me!
However you can ride it without any chance of breaking or so, it will just flex a lot. And I don't like a flexy rearwheel at all :twisted:

userdeleted

by userdeleted

Ya, and then account for the fact that its an extra 1000 euros. Maybe I'll just go for the regular lightweights - theyre proven. And they're incredible nonetheless.

Roy Gardiner

by Roy Gardiner

eurostar wrote:I've been quoted $5800 by a US dealer, which is 4387 euros! The gypzybikz price is 3190 euros. Is that the lowest price? What about buying from Poshbikes, or from Carbonsports direct?
Trever Maddern at Ciclos Uno has some in stock, 2 pairs I believe of the originals, not Carbonsport. Not sure if Campag or Shimano. Don't expect discount. Price will be in the region of two grand. 020 8500 1792.
Hainault Roads Club
www.lvrc.org

jersievers

by jersievers

Can we stop throwing stones at each other, or at least start a new thread for taunting each other?

Rogue_M3

by Rogue_M3

What is the weight limit on the regular set of 20/20 Lightweights?

Samu Ilonen

by Samu Ilonen

I haven't seen one.

I have 16/20/DT version and I weight 85kg.

CarbonSports

by CarbonSports

Rogue_M3 wrote:What is the weight limit on the regular set of 20/20 Lightweights?

110 kg / 242 lbs

rico

by rico

110kg? :lol:

eurostar

by eurostar

I just got an email from Carbonsports - they can deliver Obermayers in week 21 of 2005 - which is late May. The price if you have them delivered to an address in Germany is 3190 euros, which is about £2200. The prices are going up in January. If you order now you get the current price.

I also rang Poshbikes. They have preordered several sets and will have stock in March. But their price, iincluding UK taxes and shipment, is £2700. No discount, at least, not to me! Cheaper to fly to Germany and have a wild weekend in a hotel. But I don't want to wait until May.

Poshbikes also have a set of Campy wheels right now - I think they said they were Obermayers and i can't remember how many spokes - I lost interest because I want Shimano ones. But if you're in a hurry and want Campy ones call Poshbikes now. 01622 762055.

KB

by KB

Eurostar - You don't need to order them from someone in the u and you don;t need to go to Germany. Order them through Starbikes (the sponsors of this site). I have ordered a number of things including myStorck carbon frame. Service is excellent to the UK.

Rogue_M3

by Rogue_M3

CarbonSports wrote:
Rogue_M3 wrote:What is the weight limit on the regular set of 20/20 Lightweights?

110 kg / 242 lbs

Thanks! I guess they should handle my 205 lbs fine then. :oops:

Hi-Tech

by Hi-Tech

[Spam removed]

12 spoke front is good for 80 kilo rider
16 spoke front for 90 kilo rider
20 spoke front for 110 kilo rider

You cannot remove the Lightweight logo, it is spraypainted on and though it may not look sexy it is unweighable it is so light. If you use acetone it will damage the lay up, if you sand it, it will not come off as it is into the pores. Remember too these wheels are balanced and if you remove material you will through that off, not too important on a 1500 gram wheelset but on something this light it is very inportant.
Hi-Tech

nikh

by nikh

@ Hi-tech,

Can I remind you about a forum rule we have - see this Link

Thanks.
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Michiel

by Michiel

Even if Hi-tech is acting against the forum rules, he's also not giving the correct information :twisted:

The weightlimits he gives only apply to the NORMAL Lightweight wheelsets!!

For Obermayer the weightlimit for the 12 spoke front and 20 spoke rear version is 90 kg (states Carbonsports, but as I stated earlier with a tuned Tune MAG 160 I have my doubts....)
Carbonsports says the Obermayers will also come in 16 and 20 spokes frontwheel, though I think that won't rise the weightlimit. I think the weightlimit is caused by the rearwheel instead of the frontwheel in this case. The rearhub isn't stiff enough to handle 110 kg or so.

Furthermore I doubt the fact that they have so many Obermayers in stock, as far as I know they haven't shipped that many yet!!