Lightweight Road Cranks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

Pop.....why don't you put a call into the Texas Attorney Generals office. If you ordered these cranks ages ago and they are not returning calls or e-mails then they have committed Fraud (not to mention a bunch of other stuff since they posted a web site and shipped across state lines).

I sent them an e-mail yesterday asking for locations of dealers in Colorado (just to see what they would say). They responded within an hour saying that there were no dealers and I could work with them direct. I then sent a follow up e-mail saying I had heard lot's of bad things about there company and wanted to know what the terms of sale were and when the expected ship dates would be. They haven't responded!!!

I fully believe these guys are taking peoples money and then not sending a damn thing out!!! They need to be reported to the State AG's office (but it needs to be done by someone that has given them money and not recieved the product!).

Keep us posted on how things go!!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nikh

by nikh

I too sent them an email yesterday asking about price and availablility to which I've not had a reply yet.
I also enquired as to wether I could visit them and check the cranks out in person as I live in Houston.
We'll see what happens, if anything!

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

Did a little web search and it looks like they have a booth at interbike this year. If anyone is going check them out and pin them down on what the heck is going on!! I also sent a little e-mail to the director at interbike telling her to check out this company because it might be a fraud. Here is the info they list on the interbike website as for the company's address.

FLY SPORTS
16414 Stuebner - Airline Bldg# 802
Spring, TX 77379
Phone: (281) 320-1292
Fax: (281) 376-2068
www.fly-sports.com

by Guest

I found this thread when the question of this came up on another forum. To be honest with you, it appears as though this company is actually one or two guys. I know someone who has ridden all of their bikes which are posted on the website. I have ridden around the block on one of the bikes. The cranks are pretty cool. I do not know how they will last over a time frame. My friend is a pretty aggresive rider and has not had problems with his. But, I have only seen him use them a couple of times. I will talk to this guy and see what is up. I will post an update in a couple of days.

Oh and I am in Houston.

by Guest

It seems as though this guy is in over his head. Your guesses were right. This "company" is out of this guys apartment. It is just him running the whole show. My friend has not spoken to the owner of this company in a few months. He doesn't even answer the phone when he calls the owner. Your best bet is to contact the attorney general like someone said previously.

mfuchs1

by mfuchs1

Starting to get a little bit testy!

Here is the latest response I got from fly sports

Do us a favor, if you "hear" something from a customer, tell us who it is.
Orders will be sent out when they are done.
How do i answer this? The only guarantees in life are taxes and death.
Guarantees are really just to make people feel comfortable, and thats all
based on the person believing something is going to happen, I cant make
anyone believe any thing.
We intend to deliver on our orders, untill you acutally get your order, you
will have to believe that we are going to deliver. But we dont tell people
what they want to hear just to make them feel comfortable, We work on things
and when they are done we deliver.

Let me put it this way We are here to do business, if we arent going to
deliver why whould we even bother taking ther order, let alone answer email
about ordering?
----- Original Message -----
To: "Info" <Info@fly-sports.com>
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 8:06 AM
Subject: RE: propellor cranks

I have heard from one person on a forum that has been waiting for about 10
months and still has not received them and has basically given up on ever
receiving them. What kind of guarantees can you give that I will actually
receive them after I place an order and send a deposit.

nikh

by nikh

My reply, interesting indeed.
It just seams like there waiting on orders to produce the goods, which is crazy in my eyes.

Hi Nik, Yes we are in houston but in the process of moving to Denver. Theres nothing to check out now really.
Cost is $600, We are very low on parts, almost out, its first come first serve. turn around is estimated 4-6 weeks. unless we are out of parts then we have to wait untill we have enough deposits to do a new run of parts.

----- Original Message -----
To: 'sales@fly-sports.com'
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 3:12 PM
Subject: Ti Cranks

Hi,
I'm interested in your cranks, I was told by a friend your in Houston and was wondering if I could come to your shop and check them out?
What is the cost and availability please?
Many thanks,
Nik.

popawheelie

by popawheelie

I e-mailed them and told them that I bought another brand of cranks and would like my money back. No response.
So lets see.
No cranks.
No money.
Even when I tell them I don't want thier cranks.
How does that add up for you?

nikh

by nikh

popawheelie wrote:I e-mailed them and told them that I bought another brand of cranks and would like my money back. No response.
So lets see.
No cranks.
No money.
Even when I tell them I don't want thier cranks.
How does that add up for you?

When did you email them, I'm just thinking give them a chance before you take it further.
If you get no response in a week or so then I'd start legal procedings, how much did you pay?

Edited to say:

I just re-read this thread you have the patience of a saint, I'd be so mad right now.......start the legal stuff now.

popawheelie

by popawheelie

What part of this don't you understand?
Even if he shipped them now I won't ride them.
When I stand on my cranks and put everything I have into them to try to stay on someones wheel I need to trust the maker of my cranks!
Excuses won't cut it when I'm laying on the ground becouse my cranks failed.
I'll tell you what, if he ever ships them, (which I dought), you can buy them from me, and you ride them.
My starting the procedure to collect my money from him is the least of his problems.
My money!
He took!

nikh

by nikh

popawheelie wrote:What part of this don't you understand?
Even if he shipped them now I won't ride them.
When I stand on my cranks and put everything I have into them to try to stay on someones wheel I need to trust the maker of my cranks!
Excuses won't cut it when I'm laying on the ground becouse my cranks failed.
I'll tell you what, if he ever ships them, (which I dought), you can buy them from me, and you ride them.
My starting the procedure to collect my money from him is the least of his problems.
My money!
He took!

eh, where did that come from I guess you misunderstood my post?
I don't want them, quite happy with my Storck thanks!
Good luck.

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

Popawheelie - if you have been burned for the money why don't you contact the Texas AG office?? If not for the money, at least for the principal of the matter.

I would love to see this company get what it has coming. I would make the contact myself, but I haven't spent any money, so I would not be considered a victem of fraud.

Everyone else on this forum is trying to help you build a case. But as far as I can see, your the only one that can file the complaint (because your the only one that says he sent them money).

So do us all a big favor and make the phone call. We all want to see this company get busted if this is all true.

popawheelie

by popawheelie

I did make a complaint to the Tx. state attourneys office and to the post office.
I didn't want to make a big deal about it.
I'm not sure if they can or will do anything for me or against this guy.
I've been contacted by one other person that is out their deposit.
That's what is happening to most of the people I think.
He needs a deposit of 1/2 in order for you to get in line for one.
I've done what I should have done.
We'll see if our government does what it's supposed to do.
I don't have alot of faith in our government.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

popawheelie

by popawheelie

I got an e-mail from fly sports.
I quote,"Well right now you are going to have to wait until someone takes the place of your order. This is why we make sure orders are pre paid".

So you keep my money. Keep the cranks, and it's my fault.
That makes sense.

Man's heart is deceitefull above all else. :oops: :oops: :oops: