Super light weight Pillar and Wheelsmith spokes in the US.

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

by Timebandit415

Hello forum, I am trying to build up some wheelsets with the lightest stainless steel spokes I could find. Currently I am not able to get a hold of the new Sapim Superspoke at all. Although I have narrowed my spoke selection to two options. The Pillar MegaLite SS @ 3.5 gram (260mm) and the Wheelsmith XL15 butted.

The problem is I can't find any steady Wheelsmith spoke dealers in the US. BTI carries only limited lengths while QBP doesn't carry this particular spoke at all. My question is where can I find a steady dealer stocking most lengths.

My second question is: are there any PILLAR dealers in the US? I think they are a Tawain OEM. I also haven't heard about this spoke on the internet or forums, so does anyone have any experience with this particular spoke?

Since I am only about 125 pounds, another other super light duty spokes you all could recommend?

All help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :wink:

by voodoojar

Alchemy bicycle works may have them. I know they just got pillar spokes in stock. Im testing out a set of pillar xtra ti spokes. I weigh 55kg and they work for me.

by Weenie