Specialized Tarmac Sizing (reach?)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

baldkingpin

by baldkingpin

Team will be on Specialized nxt yr. but I'm concerned re: sizing. My current 58cm H2 Madone and last yr's 57.5cm BMC SLR01 both fit perfectly. Both have 57.5ish tt's, long headtubes (which, unfortunately, my back needs) and listed reach figures of about 39 and 40 (Trek, BMC).

The Tarmac 58 is the only size that's even close so my only choice. It's got a 58.2 tt (I'd definitely prefer just under 58 but it'll work) and a very tall ht (20.5) which is good for me. However, Specialized doesn't list reach figures. I'm worried it's gonna be a hair too big and that I'm gonna have to run a stubby little stem with short-reach bars so I'm not too stretched out.

Anyone able to compare a 58cm Tarmac with my current 57.5cm
BMC or 58cm H2 Madone? That'd be super helpful. Or, any info on reach for the Tarmac?

Thanks!!
Last edited by baldkingpin on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

The geometries for the tarmac and the venge appear identical. Going by that it's 593 and 401mm.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

baldkingpin

by baldkingpin

Thanks, but unclear on the two figures you provided. Is 40.1cm the reach? I hope so, that'd be great. What's 593?