Full Campy Record Drivetrain with Shimano cassette??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

peruffo

by peruffo

A good compromise is to change the clamping point on the Campag RD slightly away from the pinch bolt. For this I made/modified some washers. All you need is about 1-2 mm. The CTC website has the "Hubub" system for running 10-speed shortened cassette with 9-speed Shimeno shifters, 9-speed with 8-speed, by running the cable all the way around the Shimano washer with the rotation stop tab - with such a slight modification required for running shimano cassette with Campag drive you need much less distance. You can experiment, I can always reach totally quiet operation of mixing the two drive systems with cable clamp change. In my experience, running a conversion cassette like Marchisio or Miche causes more noise and less precise shifts than the Shimano/Campag mix with cable pull adjustment.

virtualelvis

by virtualelvis

thanks very much..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I ran a Shimano cassette on my record drivetrain because shimano wheels are easier to sell if I ever want to upgrade. Shimano cassettes is a little lighter too. I change from campy to shimano wheels every weekend too without adjusting anything, work both ways. Probably not ideal but there really isn't any problems with it whatsoever.

But then again I'm probably not very picky about shift performance - I further bastardize my drivetrain with EC90 cranks. It'll be interesting what happens when that expires...

virtualelvis

by virtualelvis

yes I'm starting to feel that I can adjust it and it will be fine.. that's great
news.. thanks