Cinelli BAT aerobar

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Boonen

by Boonen

Samu, just curious. How much does a Ti. handlebar like that cost? I have been thinking of doing something simular, but don't have any experience in welding titanium and I guess steel would be very heavy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Samu Ilonen

by Samu Ilonen

one more bar...again. 776g. Very stiff and large size.

Pantani

by Pantani

Meanwhile - returning to the original question about the Cinelli BAT. I haven't actually seen a pair, but it is pricey and when one takens into account putting a set of brake levers on it, its not going to be much lighter than a set of HEDs, which with S bends are probably more aero and about the same price (taking the brake levers into account). I wouldn't be concerned about the 26mil stem issue - a smaller diameter stem will have marginally less frontal area anyway.

sr71

by sr71

Hello,
I'm waiting for the deltaforce bullhorn bar from Easton. Weight at 207g in the listing, it will be right with the TLO Schmolke extend bar i have weight at 200g.
Finally, the total weight will be about 390- 410 g for a € 530 full price.

Not bad for carbon pieces with long warranty. :D
Attachments
TLO aerobar.jpg
easton deltaforce.jpg

yourdaguy

by yourdaguy

Original topic-That weight sounds real good considering that the Bontrager Race XXX Lite Aerobar weighs 630 grams

http://www.primera-bournemouth.co.uk/de ... es&ID=1952

Also, Samu- you are amazing!!!
For certain parts stiffer is more important than lighter.

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Bill F wrote:Has anyone actually seen this bar? From what I understand it is good quality - a bit on the pricy side. Cinelli make the bar for a 26 mm stem but provide a sleeve so it can be used with a 31.8 mm stem. Any comments on this comprimise approach - do you think it's safe? A sleeve adds weight but the bar has a posted weight on their website of
570 grams at 40 cm width.

I don't like the design of these bars. They look less aero than other products on the market.

A 26mm stem won't be a problem, especially when you go for a 4 boults one.

I recently ordered Bontrager aerobars. Read more in the topic "What TT aerobars to choose?". :wink:
Last edited by C a s r a n on Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

yourdaguy wrote:Original topic-That weight sounds real good considering that the Bontrager Race XXX Lite Aerobar weighs 630 grams

http://www.primera-bournemouth.co.uk/de ... es&ID=1952

I'll check that. I believe sr71 almost made the lightest combination:

sr71 wrote:Hello,
I'm waiting for the deltaforce bullhorn bar from Easton. Weight at 207g in the listing, it will be right with the TLO Schmolke extend bar i have weight at 200g.
Finally, the total weight will be about 390- 410 g for a € 530 full price.

Not bad for carbon pieces with long warranty. :D

Please show us a picture as soon as you have these! :wink:

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Fantastic project Samu Ilonen !! :thumbup:

Congratulations!!

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Bill F wrote:Has anyone actually seen this bar? From what I understand it is good quality - a bit on the pricy side. Cinelli make the bar for a 26 mm stem but provide a sleeve so it can be used with a 31.8 mm stem. Any comments on this comprimise approach - do you think it's safe? A sleeve adds weight but the bar has a posted weight on their website of
570 grams at 40 cm width.

What I wanted to tell you (but I was looking for a good pic)... lots of riders have to put that Cinelli Bat in a unfashionable downward position to get it at their wishes: