2008 Pro team stuff

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

occor

by occor

airsoft510 wrote:Interesting to see Tom Boonen riding normal (non pro team) campy shifters. Note the white logos

http://www.tdwsport.com/imagedesk/pic.p ... pg&thumb=0

Plus his teammate behind him has a pro team red logo on his right shifter and a white non pro team logo on his left shifter for the front derailleur.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Warblade

by Warblade

Easton has an EC90TT wheel model? Anybody know what the difference is between the EC90 Aero and the TT?
www.ChrisDiRe.com

Adam Hansen wrote:Sponsors should not have to go, its the doped riders that should be shot instead, in the knee caps would be nice.

ск&am

by ск&am

EC90TT has 16 spoke front wheel and different front hub -R4TT F - Black anodized finish. Unique aero design. Precision-sealed cartridge bearings with asymmetrical, low-drag seals.
EC90Aero has 18 spoke front wheel -R4-series F/R - Black anodized finish. Precision-sealed cartridge bearings with asymmetrical, low-drag seals. Tool-free bearing preload adjustment front and rear.

Willier

by Willier

I wonder if there will be anyone on carbon wheels today :noidea: Maybe CSC guys :?:

czvekslak

by czvekslak

I would not be surprised to see CSC on the new 202 rim, it is stronger with the new nipple anchoring and the most comfortable in the ZIPP line being the shallowest wheel.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Hincapie was on deep deep wheels. I don't know if he rode Zipp or Hed though.

I think Martyn Maaskant from Slipstream rode Zipp 202.

Willier

by Willier

some CSC guys had 404 in the rear

djconnel

by djconnel

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Hincapie was on deep deep wheels. I don't know if he rode Zipp or Hed though.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Thx Dj :) We can see that Flecha was on carbon T24, as was Langeveld, the other Rabo at the front.

airsoft510

by airsoft510

Cool to see Hincapie on Heds. I think that proves their strength

I think Andre looks really good in this color kit. especially with the bike.

djconnel

by djconnel

I agree about the comment on Heds. Zipp has been working with Cervelo for years to convince them to use their wheels on the cobbles, yet here's Cancellara, again, with conventional rims. And George Hincapie, a relatively heavy rider, finishing 5th on Heds at Flanders.

Curious seeing Andre using deep rear, shallow front. Normally that's due to handling concerns, not reliability, as the rear has asymmetric spokes + more weight on it = under higher stress. Unless, of course, he got a wheel change during the race.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

May be CSC guys did want a bit of braking with alu front rim.

airsoft510

by airsoft510

I just noticed something about the picture of Andre. If you look at his rear brake cable housing it looks like its coming out of the top tube, right? then look where the brake cable enters/connects to the top tube, its not internal.

shouldn't you be able to see more cable housing if its not internal? the cable should be in front of the frame in that picture, but it looks like its not..

djconnel

by djconnel

Check out this photo as well as
this photo of Cavendish's frame. The cable passes through the top tube.

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

djconnel wrote:I agree about the comment on Heds. Zipp has been working with Cervelo for years to convince them to use their wheels on the cobbles, yet here's Cancellara, again, with conventional rims.
Team CSC has been often been using Zipp carbon wheel in RVV including this year. But it looked like many opted for a Zipp 404 rear wheel and a tradiotional alloy box section front wheel. They don't use the Zipp wheels at P-R though, but they have often be using the in RVV where the cobbles are in better condition and very different from the cobbles in P-R.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com