A Bold Seatpost

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ras11

by ras11

I recieved this from Mr. Bold, an email which you all might find of interest.

....I have an extra-light version that is the lightest made. 112 grams for 200 mm using the double bolt head, 100 grams using the single bolt style. The weights do vary about 1-3 grams because they are made one off and I can't be exactly certain that even the weld deposits are exact in weight from one to another.

100g seatpost that actually looks good! WICKED!! 8)

He's got some crazy light skewers also.
:-) Toys-R-Us

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by Guest

ras11 wrote:I recieved this from Mr. Bold, an email which you all might find of interest.

....I have an extra-light version that is the lightest made. 112 grams for 200 mm using the double bolt head, 100 grams using the single bolt style. The weights do vary about 1-3 grams because they are made one off and I can't be exactly certain that even the weld deposits are exact in weight from one to another.

100g seatpost that actually looks good! WICKED!! 8)

He's got some crazy light skewers also.

Can you post a pic? Or does he have a web site?

ras11

by ras11

Joel

by Joel

ras11 wrote:Yeah, his web site is...

http://www.boldprecision.com/bicycle.htm

That was fast, thanx.
By the way, I just forgot to login

Superlite

by Superlite

Whats this one bolt design your talking about, they dont show it on his webpage. Care to enlighten us on it?

ras11

by ras11

To OUR dissapointment, Bold has not updated his web site with his latest work of art. I do know it's Ti 3/2 and polished, like what is shown on his web site. Sorry, I wish I had more info. His email is on his web site.

I myself have many questions, like is the clamp compatible with the AX-lightness carbon seat rails... better be!

As far as I know, his posts are only sold direct through him. So no need to shop around, it's the price of his labor of love.

If you guys are as anal about position as you are with weight, as I am, Bold does custom super-light seat posts. This gives me the ability to upgrade to a super light frame while maintaining my current seat tube angle. Furthermore, this means I can race and train on the same geometery bike (with proper stem and spacers). Currently I train on my race frame, and switch out wheels on race day. Now that Bold makes custom posts, I can now get the frame of my dreams... humm.. that Ghisallo looks tempting.

popawheelie

by popawheelie

I have the Bold post but not the extra-light.
Excelent post and he backs up what he makes/sells.
After my Use broke and with no response from them
it's nice to work with someone who backs up what they make.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com