BTP Carbon Hoods

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

doomith

by doomith

Hey! Just wondering if anyone has used these and can share positive or negative feedback?

23g a pair and I weighed my duraace 7900 hoods last night and they were 23.6ea so 47.2g a pair

Found here: http://www.b-t-p.de/B-T-P_Team/b-t-p_team1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

As far as I know BTP is no longer in business and has not been for more than a year, so it may be difficult to find them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

doomith

by doomith

madcow wrote:As far as I know BTP is no longer in business and has not been for more than a year, so it may be difficult to find them.

Thanks for that! Their website is still up and looks like you can still do orders through it?

djconnel

by djconnel

I've been using my hoods for around a year, and they've survived fine. They're obviously delicate weenie stuff, but I like them.

theremery

by theremery

^ agree. Light, delicate and stain quite easily but LIGHT <------note.....they're light!!
Good if you have small hands btw....I like the fit. I have a couple of pairs but generally just leave on what ever I last fitted as they aren't the most flexible. I'll fit the uber light felt hoods weenieracer made me on next rebuild, not these. They can be recoated with spray-able plastidip most likely, so longevity could be enhanced if you chose to do maintenance.
(some btp parts are available from Dulight .fr still, I think :) )
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!