aero question

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Mahoney

by Mahoney

Maybe this is not an appropriate question for the weight weenies forum but this does seem to be the most active forum for high level knowledgeable racers so,

I was looking for the data that us to be on the old visiontech sight comparing aerodynamic drag of a cowhorn vs. a flat base bar set up but it seems to no longer be on the web, does anybody know the data or know were it can be found?

Thanks
El Mahone

zoey

by zoey

Mahoney wrote:Maybe this is not an appropriate question for the weight weenies forum but this does seem to be the most active forum for high level knowledgeable racers so,

I was looking for the data that us to be on the old visiontech sight comparing aerodynamic drag of a cowhorn vs. a flat base bar set up but it seems to no longer be on the web, does anybody know the data or know were it can be found?

Thanks

Check out http://www.timetrial.org/
Cheers,
:lol:

"Ride lots." -- Eddy Merckx

Click Here to see my Scott CR1.

by Weenie

jeremyb

by jeremyb

go to www.visiontechusa.com or www.biketechreview.com www.bicyclesports.com

thats a good place to start

jeremyb

Mahoney

by Mahoney

Negative on those web sites, it us to be on the old vision tech site and the others had a link to it but now it's gone.

Thanks
El Mahone

jeremyb

by jeremyb

if you wanna pay, go to biketechreview.com there you can see all the aero data you want done by an unbiased source.

jeremyb

jeremyb

by jeremyb

http://www.biketechreview.com/tunnel/intro_facility.htm

thats the direct link. i dont know the guy, other than he hangs out in the slowtwitch forum and seems to provide an honest service.

jeremyb

by Weenie

ceitsab

by ceitsab

I believe the visiontech data was windtunnel drag for the bar only. ie regular bar setup 1 lb of drag, vision .9 lbs of drag. Then they took .1 lbs of drag off a know rider's drag. 5.5 lbs becomes 5.4 lbs which they would run the numbers and would save you 1 min (eg) over 40km.

The trick is if you measure a complete rider/bike with bars it would be greater then 5.4 lbs because how the airflow relates to everything therefore you would get less time savings.

Not saying you won't be faster on a Vision bar but I think it's second over a 40km not minutes like mentioned. Marketing manipulation. Still the tour was won by 8 seconds once. Bet Greg was please to go the extra mile and damn if they don't look sexy.
When I race I am full of doubts.... who will be second, who will be third?