Having difficulty removing drive-side SRM (Look) carbon crank arm from Origin PM spider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

echappist

by echappist

I have both an Origin with aluminum crank arms and an Origin with carbon (Look) crank arms.

It was quite straight forward to remove the drive-side aluminum crank arm, but I haven't been able to get the carbon crank arm to move away from the spider.

While SRM offers crank arm swap services, I feel that this should be something one should be able to do with the right tools, especially I was able to remove the aluminum arms from an Origin spider.

Has anyone had success in removing the carbon DS arm? If so, how did you do it? I probably won't want to resorting to using vices and such, as I wouldn't want to damage the carbon from clamping.

Erwin

by Erwin

It is like the NDS. But SRM makes a tool/screw in order to bend up the crank a little. I could remove my crank arms without the tool. You can see it here, last post the red screw.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=153075&sid=be7413d2 ... d&start=75

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

echappist

by echappist

Danke schön!

I must have read that thread front-to-end twice, but I didn't realize how relevant that post was to my situation.

And SRM doesn't even list that tool on its webpage. Would have been very helpful as I could have bought it weeks ago and had it shipped with my other items.