HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About

Post subject: Tacx Neo
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:16 pm 

I might be an idiot or simply a victim of vanity (you decide)!?

But here it goes, i use Tacx Booster and i find it boring. I can't stand this trainer.

I was thinking a roller would be better, but then again i noted Tacx Neo.

Am i fooling myself a new trainer like Neo + Zwift would make this better?

http://www.zwift.com/

http://www.tacx.com/en/products/trainers/neo-smart

Ax Lightness Vial EVO D
Paduano Racing Fidia

Post subject: Re: Tacx Neo
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:37 pm 

I use zwift. It's breaks the boredom of indoor training. I just use speed/cadence hrm on rollers or turbo. Does what I need. I looked into the smart trainers so zwift can control resistance and decided it's wasnt worth the expensive. Zwift is great as it's free at the moment but will be $10 a month soon I guess.

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:37 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:09 pm 

I was one of the few early beta users of zwift since I own a computrainer.. Ive been on it since maybe last October? Its a nice system I will admit that... They have duplicated the 2015 Worlds RR course and will be releasing it soon..

I've seen a few issues with zwift which I give them credit they are working on..

1) Every time they release a new beta course, they take the old course away, which leaves you for MONTHS riding the same course... I am sure once they go on a monthly fee that will change.. but even now I just can't bring myself to ride the SAME course over and over again...

2) It does get competitive, and organized rides/races have happened... some people elect to make themselves lighter than their actual weight and cheat the system.. who cares do what as you wish, but when you maintain over 1000 watts mile after mile everyone has it figured out, and you honestly look like an idiot for doign it... LOL

Take a look at this is as well... www.veloreality.com Phil gave me 31 videos to test out for him over winter on my computrainer.. I really enjoyed this... I did the Marmotte ride over a few nights in the basement , and hammered over belgian cobbles on the HD TV... I actually wanted to ride my bike on the trainer!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:23 pm 

^ lol computer doping by cheating on the weight. Love it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:16 pm 

I did some Zwift last winter on a Cyclops Fluid trainer, with powertap and an ANT+ receiver on my computer. It was definitely more enjoyable than my normal winter training. If I'm doing structured workouts I wouldn't want a smart trainer changing the resistance in the middle of an interval just because Zwift says I'm going uphill now. The smart trainer might make it more like an immersive video game. I don't consider it worth it at the current price point of smart trainers. Maybe if they get it down to ~$500-700 I'm interested, but not at $1600. For that price I'll fly to Tuscon for a training camp instead.