is The Headset and steam system of Tarmac sl7 fit for another Frame?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

daniel87

by daniel87

Hi guys,

So im curious that Tarmac sl7 headset and steam system is not fit for another frames when i can get a Headset bearing and all of Parts.

Because this system looks good and comfortable for Install for my Rim brake Frame.

Has anyone tried this already or have an accurate opinion?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Upcountry

by Upcountry

The headset is almost certainly not going to fit on any rim brake frame out there. They use a 49.5mm diameter bearing on both the top and bottom. I don't know of any rim brake frames that use that large of a bearing up top... But you can certainly use the stem, and there are some third parties that offer nice caps and adapters to make it look a bit less bulky and more like a "normal" stem.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

My SL6 to SL7 adapter arrives tomorrow from raceware.. look him up... he can make stuff for you as well... all the SL6 mod is the bearing topcap then shaped out to start taking the SL7 spacers... if you do go with the SL7 stem be advised the spacers/cover for the stem are NOT included with it.. you need to buy that package separately from the stem...

daniel87

by daniel87

ParisCarbon wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:07 pm
My SL6 to SL7 adapter arrives tomorrow from raceware.. look him up... he can make stuff for you as well... all the SL6 mod is the bearing topcap then shaped out to start taking the SL7 spacers... if you do go with the SL7 stem be advised the spacers/cover for the stem are NOT included with it.. you need to buy that package separately from the stem...
I will thank you 👍

daniel87

by daniel87

Upcountry wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:03 pm
The headset is almost certainly not going to fit on any rim brake frame out there. They use a 49.5mm diameter bearing on both the top and bottom. I don't know of any rim brake frames that use that large of a bearing up top... But you can certainly use the stem, and there are some third parties that offer nice caps and adapters to make it look a bit less bulky and more like a "normal" stem.

Thank you so much! i will check Diameter of Bering !