Bont shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Wuxy

by Wuxy

Sherpa wrote:How can someone like the look of this shoes????

Oh, "Boonen has them so they must be good", "I've to get 3 pairs!!!"

Come on guys... grow up

This shoes are hideous. If all the pros started biking with skate sneakers I bet you'd all do the same...

Please remain invisible and silent in all future to come. Thank you.

mitre_tester

by mitre_tester

Plenty of people think they're pretty. I thought they were pretty, but I got Mavics because they were more comfortable; the aesthetic and comfort parts of that statement carry equal weight, both being personal opinions.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Praha19300

by Praha19300

Light, stiff , biodynamic lots of words come to mind but you've gotta admit they look more plastic than pretty.

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

Sherpa wrote:How can someone like the look of this shoes????

Oh, "Boonen has them so they must be good", "I've to get 3 pairs!!!"

Come on guys... grow up

This shoes are hideous. If all the pros started biking with skate sneakers I bet you'd all do the same...

Because it has too be all about looks, right?

Well I had mine since June 08, and I actually think Boonen saw mine and said "Shit, Tape's got those, I best be getting them."

Or maybe he, like many other pros, like stiff, comfortable, lightweight shoes?

And FWIW I can think of no shoe that looks better. Photos make them look "plastic" but in the flesh they are the bomb. Only downside is their popularity... 2 months and waiting so far.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

Kraaf

by Kraaf

"Trolls can not only be identified by their behaviour and poor language skills, but also by their smell."
I love you guys. Seriously.

Sherpa

by Sherpa

Kraaf wrote:"Trolls can not only be identified by their behaviour and poor language skills, but also by their smell."

Actually you were able to offend me a bit with that statement, really. My language skills bother me too. I'm trying to improve...

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I think they are hideous, but I want some. I'm a function over fashion kind of guy. These look like they are all about function.

Someone said they are like sex with a fat chick... awful to look at, but feel really good when you slip into them. Not the visual I need to go to sleep tonight, but I think it makes the point.

dodge

by dodge

xnavalav8r wrote:I think they are hideous, but I want some. I'm a function over fashion kind of guy. These look like they are all about function.

Someone said they are like sex with a fat chick... awful to look at, but feel really good when you slip into them. Not the visual I need to go to sleep tonight, but I think it makes the point.
*shakes head*
:lol: :lol:

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

not sure if this was mentioned, but Bont is bringing they're sizing more in line w/ the rest of the world (as if there was any real standard)- I just went thru the whole thing w/ their distributor. Now my 41.5 in sidis translates to a 41 or 42 in Bont shoes.
Speedplay is the devil!

rbrtwyn

by rbrtwyn

In regards to the new sizing. I can confirm they are more standard now. I wear a 43 in Shimano and a 43 in Bont was perfect.

shadwell

by shadwell

Same here, 45 Sidi, 45 Bont, 45 Nike runners, 45 Asics runners... apparently size is no longer important after all... :mrgreen:
The Bont guys are cool, very helpful, I am lucky though as being in Oz makes direct comms real easy.

ty-ro

by ty-ro

How do Bont A-1's fit compared to Shimano 300 and 310's?

andy2
in the industry

by andy2

Mitre_tester has a point on the relative comfort of Mavic versus Bont.
Yes it's personal but, I have both (Mavic Huez / Bont MTB) and the Mavics give more support if you have a highish arch.
Also with a high instep the Bont strap is just just barely long enough to engage.

After about an hour on the bike with the Bonts I get a micro tingle in the toes from the lack of arch support and a slight burning on the ball of the foot.
This is a non issue with the Mavics no matter how long the ride.

Funny thing the Bonts are a lot more comfy off the bike and they do feel stiffer than the Huez's with super power-transfer.
Yes, I did the heat mold thing - no diffrns in fit.

I will continue to use the Bonts on the MTB and the cross and also use it on the road bike for long sportives and training runs when there is more time off
the bike though.

A set of custom insoles might cure the problem with the Bonts - but I fear the added weight. :mrgreen:

Oh yes I also agree on the looks.... although they look better on others, seems the worst view is straight down!

/a
rolobikes

boots2000

by boots2000

Can you order the Bont shoes with the toe guard like the Simon Zahner shoes have (in 2010 pro stuff).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Did you email the manufacturer yet?
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!